VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Problem With Run Program Module

Hi,

I've modified one of the demo scripts that come with the eval to:

Record a sound file (.wav), then, when the user presses the "#" key to end the recording, run a program using the result variable from the Record module.

The recording seems to work ok (I get .WAV files), but the program doesn't seem to ever run. VG just sits there for a period of time, and then hangs up.

The program (foo.exe) that I'm running is small dummy program that is suppose to just put up a window and display the name of the .WAV file that was recorded.

I have a copy of foo.exe in both the script's directory and in e:\'ziptemp, and I've tried various settings (normal/focus, etc.), but no joy.

Here's a section of the log:

15700 0 [Go Once More ?] Playing

15700 0 [Go Once More ?] Playing (DoYouWantToEnterAnotherNumber.wav)

15780 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Customer Enquiry\DoYouWantToEnterAnotherNumber.wav]

15780 0 RunModule PLAY end

20036 0 Play End line[0] (id=215700)

20036 0 LsPlayMsg EV_PLAY_FINISHED

20036 0 tapie monitordigits 35 2

20036 0 LsPlayMsgFinished [#]

20056 0 [RecordVoice] Recording

20126 0 PlaySoundStart ok [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\voice\beep1.wav]

20527 0 Play End line[0] (id=220056)

20527 0 LsRecPlayBeep EV_PLAY_FINISHED

20587 0 RecSoundStart file[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Customer Enquiry\0608160816_0_.wav] ok

20587 0 RecFile[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Customer Enquiry\0608160816_0_.wav]

23741 0 tapie monitordigits 35 2

23741 0 LsRecRecording [#]

23741 0 RecSoundStopTruncBytes ok

23791 0 [Run Program 2] Run Program

23791 0 RVreplace start: [e:\'ziptemp\foo.exe $RV[RecordVoice]]

23801 0 RVreplace end: [e:\'ziptemp\foo.exe C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Customer Enquiry\0608160816_0_.wav]

23871 0 Run Program waiting...

29780 0 Could not find VGRUNRESULT_0.TXT or SHLRESLT.TXT

29780 0 HangupCall called from [rwtf 3777]

29790 0 Hanging up call...

29790 0 PlaySoundStop ok

29790 0 fnHangupCall end

30000 0 tapie callstate DISCONNECTED 66474,1,0

30010 0 LsAwaitingCalls EV_REMOTEPARTY_DISCONNECT

30010 0 PlaySoundStop ok

30010 0 HangupCall called from []

I've tried starting up a command window and running:

e:\'ziptemp\foo.exe C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Customer Enquiry\0608160816_0_.wav

from the command line, and that works fine, so I'm puzzled as to why this is not working.

I am on Win2K Pro, and have the latest version of the VG eval.

Jim

Hi,

I've done more testing, and it appears that the program is actually running, but it is not visible, and I cannot make it visible, no matter which of the options I choose. This is ok for now, but I'm curious about why?

Also, BTW, a strange thing is that if I put a MessageBox in the program, the MessageBox IS visible when it pops up (but again, the main program window is not visible).

Jim

Hi,

I don't know if you all missed this msg, but I'm still having problems with the running program not being visible.

Please advise.

Jim

Can you try running other programs from the Run Program module on that system (try running Notepad.exe or some other common program) and see if everything else shows up hidden as well...

I assume that the "Focus: New window, New window is: Standard" option is selected in the "Run Program" module?

Can you try running other programs from the Run Program module on that system (try running Notepad.exe or some other common program) and see if everything else shows up hidden as well...

I tried Notepad, and it is not visible either!

I assume that the "Focus: New window, New window is: Standard" option is selected in the "Run Program" module?

Yes, I've tried that option, among others, and none of them allow the program to be visible.

BTW, I am running Win2K Pro, SP3, and the latest version of VoiceGuide (downloaded this past weekend).

Jim