VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Way Conference Call - Announced

Hello,

Here's the scenario i'm using to evaluate. VG for Dialogic 6.0.2092 downloaded today.

- Caller presses '1' to be transferred to my mobile.

- Caller hears Telstra's on hold music (ie. hookflash works)

- Mobile phone rings and when answered I hear "Press 1 to accept or anything else to reject"

- If I press '1', the caller and mobile are joined in a 3 way conference.

- However, if I press any other key on the mobile, Voiceguide does not take the caller off hold (by issuing a hookflash). Instead it tries to play the "i'm busy" sound file to the mobile phone which has hung up by now. VG detects the mobile phone hang up and returns to "Waiting for call" status. A ringback tone is then heard to say the original caller is still on hold. VG incorrectly detects this as a new call and plays the start script.

Am I supposed to issue a hookflash manually if the mobile rejects the transfer, is busy or does not answer? I assumed VG does the hookflash for me.

Script attached. Hopefully the explanation is clear so I haven't posted the trace log but do let me know if its needed.

Thanks again.

Mario

myscript.vgs

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the rejected 3-way conference attempt, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

Thanks for your response, however, I've given up on the "3 Way Conference Call - Announced" transfer option/module. Either it is too buggy or (to be fair) my configuration is not correct.

I've implemented call transfer with 2-3 custom modules and I find the results far better giving me more precise event control.

If you could post the script of how you've implements the 3-Way transfers using the Play modules we could offer comments on how to setup the PBX options in VG to make the Call Transfer module work properly.

It is usually preferable to use the Call Transfer module as it has inbuilt handling of cases when there is no answer or busy etc.

- However, if I press any other key on the mobile, Voiceguide does not take the caller off hold (by issuing a hookflash). Instead it tries to play the "i'm busy" sound file to the mobile phone which has hung up by now. VG detects the mobile phone hang up and returns to "Waiting for call" status. A ringback tone is then heard to say the original caller is still on hold. VG incorrectly detects this as a new call and plays the start script.

Any chance of getting the traces of this? (both the MMDDvgm.txt and MMDDtw.txt traces)

The hookflash to take back the call should be getting issued. You may want to go in Script Designer to the "View"->"PBX Command Strings" menu and confirm the settings.

Am I supposed to issue a hookflash manually if the mobile rejects the transfer, is busy or does not answer? I assumed VG does the hookflash for me

No. VG should do it for you (as per "View"->"PBX Command Strings" settings).