VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Does Vg Support "type-ahead"?

Hi,

If I was using a Dialogic card that supports "type-ahead" (i.e., DTMF tones while VG is playing a sound), does VG also support that capability? In other words, if the CT card allows this capability, will a VG script respond to the entered digits and process the digits/go to the next module in the script while the prompt/sound is being played?

BTW, your Knowledgebase seems to indicate that some voice modems (as opposed to Dialogic boards) support type-ahead, so same question as above relative to voice modems.

Also, BTW, I'm currently using a Creative ModemBlaster PCI. Do you happen to know if this does support type-ahead? I've been testing this, but can't tell if the modem does not support this, or if VG doesn't support it.

Thanks,

Jim

VoiceGuide allows caller to press a key at any time (ie: supports 'type-ahead').

BTW, your Knowledgebase seems to indicate that some voice modems (as opposed to Dialogic boards) support type-ahead, so same question as above relative to voice modems.

If that's what it suggests then that’s wrong - what it's meant to say is that some modems have problems detecting tones while they are playing a sound at the same time. Dialogic cards have no such problems so you can be sure you can 'type-ahead' at any time...

VoiceGuide allows caller to press a key at any time (ie: supports 'type-ahead').

Beyond "allowing caller to press key at any time", will VG actually stop playing of a sound/prompt in the midst of playing the sound/prompt if it (VG) receives an input?

If that's what it suggests then that’s wrong - what it's meant to say is that some modems have problems detecting tones while they are playing a sound at the same time. Dialogic cards have no such problems so you can be sure you can 'type-ahead' at any time...

Actually, I have to correct my earlier post re. the Creative ModemBlaster:

I took your Customer Enquiry demo, and recorded something like "Enter a 1 for stock details or a 2 for roster", and if I press, say, a '1' while the prompt/sound is playing, it cuts it off immediately after uttering the "2", i.e., "Enter a 1 for stock details or a 2".

So it seems that the ModemBlaster is allowing typing over the sound playing?

Jim

Beyond "allowing caller to press key at any time", will VG actually stop playing of a sound/prompt in the midst of playing the sound/prompt if it (VG) receives an input?

Yes... it's easy to see that it does that - just try it...

I see at the bottom of your post that you have tried it, so I guess that you've seen it work already..

VoiceGuide will by default instruct the modem/card to stop playing any sound files when the modem/card reports that a caller has pressed a key.