VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Smart Ring / Distinctive Ring?

I recently purchased a Dialogic D/41JCT-LS, in case you wonder how much they are, I got mine for %$1500 cnd. I just have to wait about 1 week to get it shipped in. This board supports 4 ports Voice & Fax, with Speech recognition.

I have 2 phone numbers on the same line, IE Smart ring, or also known as Distinctive ring. One number is used as a fax line the other as the office phone line.

The one ring is a ring, eg RING............... RING..............RING.......

While the smart ring is RING....RING...............RING....RING.............RING....RING

Can this dialogic card detect this, and can VG use this info to play a seperate script, &/or answer each type of ring in a different amount of rings, ie normal ring answers after 4 rings while smart ring is answered afetr 1 ring.

I know of a hardware soloution that can effectivly "split" the two ring patterns, but if I can accomplish this at a software level that would be great.

Does Dialogic have drivers for this?

If VG does not support this, may I suggest that it be looked into in future releases.

Thanks!

:wacko:

Distinctive ring is not supported by Dialogic's TAPI drivers, hence it is not possible to use the Distinctive ring service to select scripts etc..

The hardware solution you mention would be needed to split the two calls, and direct them to separate lines...

You can now use VoiceGuide for Dialogic to detect different 'Smart Rings' - see lower down for more info.

Edited by SupportTeam

The phone company from whom you have purchased the 'smart ring' service can tell you that...

All,

I have the exact same scenario and I desparately needed it to work. Well, I found a workaround after two painful days of testing. It is attached - debugging statements are still present.

Basically, I noted that VG for Dialogic incorrectly detects the triple ring as three rings instead of one. All three rings occur within 1 second. However, the normal ring takes 2 seconds per ring. The script therefore works out how long before the next ring is detected and hangsup if the duration between rings is less than 2 seconds (ie. fax call). The script should be set to start before call is answered and I set VG to answer after 1 ring.

I also needed for the script to pause for 9 seconds before hangup to give the fax time to answer and so VG does not answer the call twice.

Support people:

I set my ring definition in the Dialogic "configuration service - call parameters tab" so only normal rings (double ring) are detected. When using Intel's Talker32.exe application, I called the fax number (triple ring) and talker32 did not pickup. Why then does VG for Dialogic pickup when the fax number is detected? What ring definition file or settings are used?

Regards,

Mario

distinctivering.txt

I set my ring definition in the Dialogic "configuration service - call parameters tab" so only normal rings (double ring) are detected. When using Intel's Talker32.exe application,

That's the TAPI driver settings, and Talker32 uses the TAPI drivers (like does v5 of VG). "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" does not use TAPI drivers - it controls the Dialogic card directly.

We had a look at your VoiceGuide script posted in http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3217 in which you use the VBScript posted here to correctly determine which of the Distinctive Rings is ringing on the line - this is currently the only approach that you can use with "VG for Dialogic" to determine which Distinctive Ring is ringing.

There was another method developed internally but not made available for general release - we'll look now into adding this into the general release - you should see an update posted here in the next day or so.

Fantastic......after a bit of configuration, it works great. Thank you very much.

My start module now looks like this:

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

if "$RV[DISTINCT_RING]" = "TelstraDoubleRing" then

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "success"

else

wscript.sleep 9000 'allow the fax machine time to answer

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "fail"

end if

set vg = Nothing

wscript.sleep 9000 'allow the fax machine time to answer

Or you could just point the Fail path to a "Hangup" module - that way the script would just end without ever answering the call.