VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

My Proline/v2 Does Not Detect When User Hang

Raimonds wrote:

I'm testing VoiceGuide on Dialogic Proline/V2.

I play some wave files and say some numbers from database. When the script finishes it hangs up and everithing is OK.

In case the user hangs up before all the numbers are said, the system does not detect hang up. I want it to detect callers hangup and open the line for the next call.

How can this problem be solved?

Sounds like the card is not set up to detect the busy tone correctly - and that your phone system is not using 'drop in loop current' as a method of indicating that the call is finished.

The 'drop in loop current' end of call detection method is the best approach - you should first ask your phone company or PBX supplier to configure the lines you are using to do that - then the card just detects the change in loop current and does not need to be set up to detect the busy tones themselves. (note: modems do not detect 'drop in loop current')

If you cannot set up the 'drop in loop current' on your phone lines then you will need to find out what are the frequencies and on/off times of the busy tone that the card will hear when the call is finished - you should ask your phone company or PBX supplier what these are exactly - or you can just record them and analyze them, using a sound editor like CoolEdit (www.cooledit.com)

Once you know the frequencies and the on/off times you can edit the Dialogic's TAPI TSP configuration. See:

1. Open "Control Panel -> Phone and Modem Options",

2. Go to "Advanced" Tab

3. Bring up the "Dialogic Service Provider"

4. Click "Advanced"

5. Go to "Disc Tone 1" tab

(above works for Win2000)

ALSO:

You should always design your scripts in such a way that if ever there is no reponse from the caller then the script will eventually time out awaiting a response and hang up - ie: avoid creating endless "On Timeout" loops in your scripts...

post-2-1055029478.gif