VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Answering Machine detection

I have Dialogic D/4PCI

what is the difference between disabling AM detection using

1. AMDetectionMode=Disabled in vg.ini

2. putting am[ignore] in case AM detected

it seems that even if AMDetectionMode=Disabled in vg.ini

if I refer to a certain script in case AM detected it sometimes detects AM.

only if both cases are set as indicated above it detects Human.

furthermore if I pickup the phone without talking for few seconds it detects human but the trace indicates disconnection of the line (still hearing the script but not responding to DTMF).

Only if I pickup the line and speak immidiately it detects human, the trace indicates line connect and DTMF is recognizable

Setting Disable in VG.INI stops the Dialogic card from trying to detect when outgoing call has been answered altogether. VG.INI setting will disable answer detection altogether for all calls. Call will be regarded as answered immediately after dialing the number.

Setting Ignore in "Answering Machine message" for an outgoing call results in the "answered by human" script being an when answering machine is detected.

Setting Disable in "Answering Machine message" for an outgoing call results in the call being regarded as answered immediately after dialing the number.

Reliability with which the Answering Machine vs. Human detection is made is dependatnt mainly on line quality and is not always 100% reliable.

Setting Disable in VG.INI stops the Dialogic card from trying to detect when outgoing call has been answered altogether. VG.INI setting will disable answer detection altogether for all calls. Call will be regarded as answered immediately after dialing the number.

I am quite sure that is not true, after AMDetectionMode=Disabled in vg.ini

the trace says "answering machine detection disabled (see vg.ini...)"

and also "[OutDial_Result]{Contacted_Human} Live person answered"

and after answering the call and saying a word a second passes before the beginning of the script is starting.

Setting Disable in "Answering Machine message" for an outgoing call results in the call being regarded as answered immediately after dialing the number.

Also exactly same output.

I found out that there is a disconnection of the line if I answer the call and begin speaking immidiately and then DTMF is not responding.

and if I speak after a few seconds the line is still connected and ofcourse DTMF is responded.

I changed AM_WelcMsgMinLen=20 to 200 and then even if I speak immidiately the line is connected.

strange... but works!