VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Install

I am having the same problem. 5.2.5003.

My Vg.ini, the numbers are set to 10 for logging. I do not get a log file NNSSes.txt (NNSS is time).

Nor does the email forwarding work. nor does the MISC.

any clues?

thanks ahaed of time

john

Strange. If i manually click the VgEmailSender.exe file. it will generate the NNSSes.txt file and send the emails with attachments and delete the message. which is what i want it to do.

so why is in not functioning on its own.

When VgMulti.exe is loaded, the icons do not open the related functions, script, voicemail, etc. I have uninstalled the program many times, but it will not work. i have short cuts on my desktop for each, Config Wiz, Script, VMM, VoiceGuide & Log Viewer because the button icons in VioceGuide dont work.

so could this be why the VgEmailSender.exe is not functioning?

john

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

It's pretty surprising that the button icons do not work - but it may be linked to the problem you are seeing if the system cannot find VgEmailSender.exe... are all the .EXEs in the same directory where they were all originally installed?

PS. this is a different problem to the one mentioned in thread in which you originally posted your question, so we've created anew thread here. (you posted originally in this thread: http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2222 )

I have install - reinstall - search and remove all references to Voice Guide in the regedit, removed all directories and still Config Wiz, VM Manager, Call Log and script buttons do not work. Says "... can not be found" in the VgMulti.exe.

any clue? thanks ahead of time.

john

In what directory is everything installed?

Can you confirm all .EXEs are there?

Are you logged in locally at the machine?

Can we get access to this machine via PCAnywere is WinVNC etc?

Voice Guide was installed using the default installation, C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide.

All the EXE's are there. I compared it to an XP box. The problem is on server 2000.

Yes, I am using the voice ghuide on the local machine.

I Tried a "Repair" on Win 2000 server. Once it finished, Voice Guide said, "Voice Guide has not been configured, starting the setup Wizard", then it says "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\ConfigWiz.exe can not be found". Then it closes.

Access to this machine might be possible. I am not familiar with PC anywhere.

Well i reinstalled win 2000 server and formatted the HD. THat corrected the voice guide buttons not working. It seems that if you reinstall vioce guide, it must not overwrite its own installation. If it finds the files or registry already there, does it skip over and not rewrite?

Just want you to know that i have corrected my problem. So no need to reply.

thanks

Wrong.. sorry, but back to the same problem.

I dont know if this was the cause, FTP upload post, http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1076. I reinstalled VG (formatted the HD and reinstalled the OS). It was working fine at first, but i dont know if the simple comment/uncomment in the vm_ftp.vbs file had anything to do with the buttons in VG not functioning?

Strange!? Back to square one. I hope i dont have to reinstall the OS again!!

I am not sure, but it appears that the error is caused by VgEmailSender.exe or something attached to it. When i did the original install of VG, the buttons and email sending works fine just once. Then after that, VG buttons do not work nor does the emial forwarding of voicemails.

But if i manually click on VgEmailSender.exe, the email will get forwarded but the buttons with in VgMulti.exe stop functioning or an error that the related EXE file can not be found.

This is in win 200 server. I have not tried this with XP.

john

Well just wanted to tell you a trick i use to send I registered a Efax number...

And just send email using VBscript... using Cdots on the IIS server...

Perhaps you have some Windows' permission restrictions here...

Are you logged in with Administrator privileges?

I installed it on a STAND ALONE XP machine. I was getting emails sent. So then i added the FTP info in the voicemail and checked "FTP upload messages to server". Now i get "window scrip host... file not found".

And now the buttons dont work again.

So i unchecked the "FTP upload messages to server" and removed data from the ftp fields. I deleted any voice messages. Then tried it again.

I called in and recorded a couple of messages, it didnt send them and there were no error messages either. So i manually clicked on VgEmailSender.exe and it sent the emails. Buttons still dont work.

Also, there are files building up under \data\ called vbs_6_1.vbs, vbs_6_2.vbs, etc.

The are not deleteing

It looks to me as if the FTP portion in the Voicemail Manager is altering the code in VG itself and not allowing any of the EXE's to function.

This same scenerio occurs on Win 2000 server and a stand alone XP.

If you cannot even run the various VoiceGuide components and are getting messages like "C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\ConfigWiz.exe can not be found" then it is not surprising that more complex tasks like FTPing don't work either.

Its probably best for you to figure out why you cannot start the various VoiceGuide components first, and then move on to looking into whether the more advanced functions work or not.

As i stated. It was working fine until i added the check mark "FTP upload messages to server" for a mailbox and added the ftp upload info under FTP Destination tab. As SOON as i called back in, the errors occured and stopped functioning. This happened on 2000 server and a stand alone XP box.

Not sure how invoking an FTP transfer would have affected the ability of the VoiceGuide software to find it's own component .EXEs.

We have not received any other reports of such problems.

If you can give us access to this machine via PCAnywhere or WinVNC we could have a look at it and see if we can see anything obvious...

I have to manually click the file VgEmailSender.exe for VG to send email either in the email module or VoiceMail Manager.

I ahve noticed that it creates a file called "program" under c:\

What are the contents of the file "program" under c:\ ? Can you post that file here please?

This problem is part of the problems that we are seeing on your system where for some reason the execution of various .EXEs is blocked by something on your system.

We're not sure why something as basic as being able to run another program does not work on your system - most likely explanation is probably some permission problems or an overzealous anti-virus program or similar...

(Above post was posted by you in a new thread but it was merged into the original thread into which you reported the problem as it is directly related to this problem)

very bizzare. I turned the machine on, logged in as admin and started VG (VgMulti.exe) The $% VG buttons work and the "Program" file is gone. It was an empty file anyhow. No antivurus on this machine or from another to it.

Attached are 9-6 and 9-7 log files. Hope this helps. Sorry for being a pain in the !!!

2dayLogs.zip

Sounds like you had some harsh restrictions turned on when logging in as non-Admin.

If you work out what exactly what causing the problems we'd appreciate if you'd post a follow up, otherwise let us know how you go with the rest of the project.

the machine i am using VG on was only logged in as an admin. if i discover the reasone, i wil let you know. thanks for your patience.