VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vonage and CallerID

I was testing the Vioce Guide using a direct line. THe Caller Id was coming in. I added Vonage, Vioce Guide will not pick it up (Caller ID). but if i plug the line into a standard phone, the Caller ID shows. Any clue? Thanks

John

Looks like the Vonage's line adapter does not send the CallerID information to the modem/card in the same way as the direct line does.

You may want to ask Vonage how does the adapter they provided send CallerID, and ask your phone company how they send the Caller ID info.

Maybe Vonage has different types of adapters which send CallerID in different ways and if they can provide you with one that sends CallerID in the same way in which the phone company is sending it then the modem/card will detect it in the same way...

I used to work with ENVOX and they used the @ANI and @DNIS variable.

Voice Guide uses $RV_CIDNAME for caller id. So are they the same "so to speak" and just called by different "names".

If so, can Voice Guide be set to pick up the @ANI?

Thanks

john

It's just a different way of expressing the same thing.

$RV_CIDNUMBER would be the equivalent of their @ANI

The problem here is that the Dialogic card cannot pick up CallerID info sent by Vonage (if it is being sent at all)

As you mentioned the CallerID is picked up fine with this card when a normal analog line is plugged into the card - so the problem lies with the way Vonage is sending the Caller ID...

If the Dialogic card does no get the CallerID, then it cannot provide that information to the software which is using the Dialogic card.

Just wanted to say that my D4/pciu card picks up caller ID with Vonage. I don't think it's vonage.