VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Busy Line Not Detected

I have been having the same problem since I started using VG. I have now run a conclusive test to find out what is happening. I sent 2 identical outgoing calls to the same number. There is no caller ID or Call Waiting on the line that was called.

On the first call, I made sure that the line was busy. As you will see from the trace, VG erroneously detected an answering machine had answered the call and played the OnAnswerMachine script. This was incorrect as the line was actually busy.

The 2nd call went to the exact same phone but by the time this call came through, I made sure that the line was ready to receive another call which it did and VG correctly delected that an answering machine had answered the call and played the same OnAnsweringMachine script.

As the 2 calls were identical, I hope that you can analyze why the first call erroneously detected an answering machine instead of a busy signal. This happens whenever a number is called that is busy. The log file also reported an answering machine on both calls. I have attached the trace called "trace.txt"

trace.txt

The file attched is not a trace file - it is the file used to load the new calls to be made.

Please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

Please post both the MMDDvgm.txt nd MMDDtw.txt log files.

Here is the file0829tw.txt. Please note that as this was at the end of the day of many calls, I have only included the relevant portion of this file and the same with the file called 0829vgm.txt

0829tw.txt

One last thought on this matter. I am using VG version 5.2.2001. Could this be the problem. If so, or even if this is not the problem, should I upgrade to a leter version and if so, where do I get the upgrde from.

What is heard on the line when the line is busy? Is it just a busy tone or is it some sort of announced message?

VoiceGuide records what it hears on the line - and you can see in trace file win what filename the recording is saved. eg:

151832.26 6 RecSoundStart file[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\RecAm_6.wav] ok

Please post some of these recordings when false AM detection is made when calling a busy number.

It may also be possible that the busy/disconnect tones are not set properly and that's why they are not detected. Please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Disc...ctionDetect.htm

Here is a zipped copy of my data folder with all the files in it. The last call made was to a busy number. It is however, not the same call as was made in the correspondence above, but the same result in that the voiceguide did not detect the line as busy. Please let me know if you need anything else.

DataFolder.zip

The RecAm_X.wav files show that no busy tone was played by the phone company when the number was called - that's why the call was not detected as busy.