VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Doesn't Take Keypad Info From Some Telephones

Hi,

I have a Dialogic card D41JCT, VG installed on Windows 2000 and all works well, using mobile and most of the "normal" telephones. But it appears that when my IVRS is called from some telephones connected to some PBX (often from a client company...), VG is unable to take the information from the user phone keypad. The script starts well, the message is played without problem and VG is awaiting for the user entry, but nothing occurs, as if the user doesn't press any key. After a certain time, foreseen in the script, the card hangs up the call. Of course, I am unable to know the PBX manufacturers which cause this problem... Any idea ?

Many thanks in advance for your answer

Christian Coppe, from Belgium

If the DTMF tones sent by the callers telephone are significantly distorted in the transmission then the Dialogic card will not categorize them with a high enough degree of confidence to report it as a DTMF tone to the software (VoiceGuide).

This sometimes happens on poor mobile connections.

If you are finding that callers from a particular source have problems having their key presses recognized then the problem could be caused by the poor quality of connection between their site and the Dialoigc card... perhaps the phones used by the callers are not very good and their DTMF tone generation is a bit off in the first place (this is sometimes seen in poor quality phones as well)

Well...

In fact, the telephones having problems are those installed in large modern companies, with brand new installation ! It seems that the cause of the problem is the telephone exchange of these companies. A private telephone, whatever is its age, works without any problem, as well as all mobiles. Any suggestion ?

The problem is serious, as I already lost 2 clients because of that...Many thanks in advance for your answer.

Christian Coppe

Christian,

Apologies for dropping in on this thread, but I'm wondering if maybe the PBX through which those users who are having problems may be a digital PBX, and maybe either the DTMF tones are being generated digitally by the PBX itself, or the phones, or something like that, and then maybe when these DTMF tones get converted back to analog before hitting the Dialogic card, their unrecognizable by the Dialogic card?

I don't know what you can do about this, but perhaps it might be best to try to contact Dialogic and see if they're aware of such problems with PBX'es?

Probably not helpful....

Jim

Detection of DTMF tones is done by the Dialogic card. There is nothing that the software (VoiceGuide) can do to change how well the card detects DTMF tones.

You should definitely contact your local Dialogic representative.

They should be able to advise you if maybe you need to specify a different 'ParamaterFile' or 'FirmwareFile' in the Dialogic Configuration Manager, or maybe advise you to use a different set of drivers for the card. (Are you currently using System Release 5.1 or later?)

Can you narrow down the problem to a particular PBX make/model?