VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Checking For Disconnects

I have a database of about 500,000 names and phone numbers. After manually calling through about 500 leads, I have determined there is about a 35-40% disconnect rate.

My main purpose for using this software would be to use the auto dialer to determine if a phone number is live or disconnected.

I have a couple of questions:

1. Will the software be able to flag which numbers were disconnected?

2. Does the software use my modem to dial out, or can I use VOIP for this? If it is VOIP, how many lines would I need?

Thank you,

Rich

Does you phone company play a "Tri-Tone" when a number is disconnected or do you just get a variation on the busy tone?

Can you please record what you hear on the line when calling a disconnected number, then .ZIP it up and post it here.

Usually for testing for Disconnected numbers and E1/T1 ISDN line is used - phone company will send an explicit control channel message saying the number is disconnected when you use ISDN lines - and this message arrives pretty much straight away after number is dialed, making testing for disconnected numbers very easy.

They play the Tri-Tone. Although the list of leads I have are from all throughout the U.S., there may be a couple non-Tri-Tone, but that is all I've ever encountered.

So, I would need to have another type of line installed, not just my standard phone line or DSL connection?

Thanks.

Can you please record what you hear on the line when calling a disconnected number, then .ZIP it up and post it here.

Which version of VG are you using?

A T1 ISDN line would be best - and if you need to make 500,000 calls all up this would be the way to go - and as with ISDN you get an instant feedback that the phone is ringing then you would be able to stop dialing that number halfway through first ring (or maybe even before it starts actually ringing) and classify that number as current straight away.