VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Callerid Not Detected Using Vg For Dialogic

I am using a Dialogic D/4EPCI card. When using standard Dialogic, Caller ID is detected OK, but when using VG for Dialogic, latest ver., it is not detected. I tried increasing the number of rings before answer to 3, still no detection. Since my application relies completely on CallerID, the app immediately hangs up the call.

Was it detecting OK when using VG v5.x ?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's traces which capture the incoming call, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory.

We will need to look at the MMDDtw.txt log from VG's \log\ directory.

It was detecting CallerID OK when using VG 5.2.4, but when switching to the Gialogic version, it stopped. Here is the tw file

0805tw.txt

Do you know in what format is your phone company sending the CallerID in?

Which phone company supplied these lines?

Not sure. We use the Israeli phone company. But VG 5.2.4 is detecting OK, so it appears that this is a software or a configuration issue.

Can you ask them? They should be able to tell you how the information is encoded and when it is sent - we then at least known what to look for.

I will, but meanwhile, I want you to know that I tried installing the same Dialogic cards on similar computer systems, also using VG for Dialogic, it worded, and continued to work.

I am a bit baffled, because sometimes it works, some others it does not, under pretty much similar circumstances.

If it worked before then either the CallerID is not always sent or there is a problem with the detection hardware.

Can you connect a CallerID detection device to that line to see if it reliably detects CallerID all the time?