VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Incorrect Call Detection

I have been having a problem with incorrect call detections and in order to get to the bottom of the problem, I ran 3 seperate calls to the same person with 3 different situations.

In the first call, the person was talking on the phone. She has call waiting on her line, and it registered that a call was coming in but she did not answer it. My first question is which log file is updated with the fact that a call was made, but that nobody answered the call. The call started on line 183348.09

The second call was made and started on line 183551.14 and this time she was not on the line and the call was answered by an answering machine. There were no problems with this call and it was recorded in the log file OutDial_Contacted_AM.txt.

The 3rd call was made (starting line 183722.54) and this time it did not even ring, but Voiceguide erroneously detected an answering machine. It started playing the sound files almost immediately which indicates also that there was no answering machine message that needed to be heard before commencing with the vg script. She said that her phone did not even ring and her caller ID indicates that no call actually came into her phone on this occasion.

Obviously ther is a problem here and I tried another test as well. I called the same number that VoiceGuide was calling out on and again VoiceGuide erroneously detected an answering machine and started playing the answering machine script instead of reporting that the line was busy.

I have attached the trace to the 3 calls.

Trace.rtf

My first question is which log file is updated with the fact that a call was made, but that nobody answered the call. The call started on line 183348.09

No log file is updated as the call is scheduled for a retry at a later time:

183449.63 0 dial callque update id=244 next call time 0507191904

When call was loaded 2 retries were specified:

183349.16 6 dial [244,477-6450,507191833,600,2300,MoTuWeThFrSaSu,,dxxxB1C1,,0,,C:\Telecaller\Rendon\HumanExistPat.vgs,C:\Telecaller\Rendon\AMExistPat.vgs,[RecordID]{REN333777}[PatName]{David}[ApptDate]{0610}[ApptTi

e]{C:\Telecaller\WAVtime\0830.wav}[Provider]{C:\TeleCaller\Rendon\WAV\Nurse.wav},60,2,30,C:\TeleCaller\Rendon\No_Answer.vbs $RV[RecordID] $RV[OutDial_Result],none]

If you want no retries in case of failed outgoing calls then specify 0 for 'reties' field.

The 3rd call was made (starting line 183722.54) and this time it did not even ring, but Voiceguide erroneously detected an answering machine. It started playing the sound files almost immediately which indicates also that there was no answering machine message that needed to be heard before commencing with the vg script.

Trace shows VoiceGuide waited for 15 seconds before starting script, waiting for some automated recording type message to finish - to see what was recorded you can just listen to the C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\RecAm_6.wav sound file:

183730.24  6 AddRVns [OutDial_Result]{Contacted_AM}

183730.26  6 AM - wait for end of welcome message...

183730.28  6 dial  awaiting end of answering machine message (lvl:20 for 20)

183730.39  6 RecSoundStart file[C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\RecAm_6.wav] ok

183730.40  6 TimeoutSet 120 EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

183745.44  6 ScriptEventCode 9300 iLineState=1152

183745.46  6 LsDialoutRecAnswerMachineWelcMsg EV_SILENCE_DETECTED

You will not get 100% detection of answering machines - AM detection reliability seems to be usually over 95%, but varies from sites to site depending on lines used and phone networks called.