VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Way Announced Transfer Call Issue

Hi there, I want to use "3 Way Announced Transfer" mode to transfer a call to a UK PBX "System" phone, using a D4 dlg card.

The transfer works to a standard "dumb" POTS 2 wire handset, but the PBX System phone takes the "1" button as a recall or some other signal which terminates the transfer prematurely.

I think this is to do with "1" mimicking the old "pulse dial" mode where a pulse-1 is seen as a recall signal. A number of other UK PBXs seem to do this, so I guess it may be some throwback to an old British-Telecom specification.

I can't change the phones or affect their behaviour, but I wonder if VG5.3 (5.4) could be changed to use a different key, may be a *-star or #-hash key. I can rerecord the transfer announcement to tell the called-party to press the correct key. Possibly the best way to provide this functionality would be to put the transfer key as a setting in the in the VG.INI file?

I realize there may be other ways to do 3-way Announced transfers (like VG4Dialogic) but I have issues with VG4Dlg at the moment, however, any other solutions to the above appreciated.

Thanks in advance - Tim.

Right now the "1" is hardwired.

We'll post a new patch which will allow you to select what acceptance key to use in v5.2.4 via VG.INI within 24 hours.

Please update your v5.2.4 VG installation with attached .exe (overwriting existing) and add following to VG.INI file:

[moduleTransfer]

AnnouncedAcceptDtmf=1

Replacing the 1 with a DTMF of your choice.

VgMulti_5.2.4025.zip