VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

VG Dialer - Dialer does not dial

I have a problem with the software. I have Voiceguide 5.24 trial. Everything works well except for the dialer. It refuses to dial no matter what I do. I am not using Dialogic cards. Instead, I have a set of 12 Multitech ZDXV modems in a rackmount unit. The software recognizes each modem individually and answers each line simultaneously. The numbers are successfully loaded into the dialer but it will not dial. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Everything works well except for the dialer. .... The numbers are successfully loaded into the dialer but it will not dial.

Does it dial immediately after restarting VoiceGuide? The evaluation version of VG can only make 10 outbound calls after each restart.

Another thing to check is if the "Allow Dialout on this line" option is ticked for the lines - see "View"->"Line Device Config" menu.

In the Telephone Number Loader please check that the "Start Dialing" time is not set to sometime in the future.

If none of this works please post the OutDialQue.mdb file from VG's \data\ subdirectory.

I have a set of 12 Multitech ZDXV modems in a rackmount unit.

Our official position is to recommend that voice modems not be used for 4+ line systems. Very few people have been able to set up a reliable multi-line system using voice modems. We recommend using Dialogic cards for 4+ line systems.

Also, modems will not be able to detect when outgoing call has been answered, so you will need to play "please press 1 top accept this call" type message on outgoing calls.

I have misidentified my version of Voiceguide. I am running version 4.81 Enterprise Edition. The 12 Multitech ZDXV external voice modems are in a rack unit connected to the PC through a Moxa C168H 8 multiport serial card. I can successfully call each modem on their individual lines and the scripts do run flawlessly. The only problem is dialing after the call has completed to deliver new messages. What should I post here for you to see that would give you a better idea of what is happening? I do realize by using external modems that the receiver of an automated call will have to press a key on their phone, that does not bother me nor the recipients. Any help or point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I am running version 4.81 Enterprise Edition

Do you have the Dialer?

Is your version just "Enterprise" or "Enterprise+Dialer" ?

If just "Enterprise" then you will need to purchase Dialer to make outbound calls.

Yes, I have the VGDialer.exe. Each time I run it and add a phone number the message simply reads as 1 number queued, 0 rejected. I have also used the scripts to load phone numbers. The numbers do successfully get loaded into the dialer. The problem is, there is not a competion for the open line, I don't know why it just sits in queue. I have let it sit for over an hour and it still makes no attempt to access the open line and dial out on it. Would a log file assist you at all? If so, which log file would you like to see? Essentially, I would settle for even 1 line that the software would dial out on. Any line at all would suffice. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did you purchase the Dialer license?

See the Help->About menu - is the "Dialer" listed in the window which shows up?

ie: is the 'About" window showing just "Enterprise" or "Enterprise+Dialer" ?

It says just Enterprise Edition. Does this mean it does not include the dialer? If this is correct, how do I obtain the dialer?

You will need to buy the Dialer.

See the WWW order form - scroll towards end of license options tro see just the Dialer licenses...