VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Issue With Panasonic Kx-td816

Hi,

I have read other topic's relating to the KX-TD816 and Supports reference to seeking assistance from Panasonic. I was hoping that others had some contact details for Panasonic in Sydney, Australia.

I am using VoiceGuide for Dialogic and have a fairly simple Auto Attendant running. The calls are answered fine and appear to transfer fine using a blind transfer. The current issue is that if a caller presses 0 to speak to an operator and then hang up, the Panasonic does not seem to detect the disconnect tone. The issue that this presents is that it is ringing a group of extensions constantly even though there is no longer a caller on the line. This line rings and rings until such time that some one answers and then they need to clear the line down. The customer is not happy to say the least and the Panasonic installers don't appear to be very bright.

I have PSTN lines coming into the KX-TD816 and analogue extensions connected to the Dialogic Card (D4PCI Euro).

It has been suggested that upgrading the PSTN lines to ISDN will address this issue but I am hoping some other VoiceGuide users can either suport this theory or offer alternatives.

if a caller presses 0 to speak to an operator and then hang up, the Panasonic does not seem to detect the disconnect tone.

I take it that when caller presses 0 then VoiceGuide transfers the call to a Panasonic managed group.

From that stage on VoiceGuide is ready to accept another call, and the transferred call is fully handled by the PBX.

I have PSTN lines coming into the KX-TD816 .... It has been suggested that upgrading the PSTN lines to ISDN will address this issue

I can see why the PBX would have problems detecting that the caller has hung up if the call comes in on analog lines - the PBX would need to use tone detection to determine end of call - if that is not set correctly then PBX will not know call has ended.

An ISDN line would send a signal telling PBX that caller has hung up and the PBX should then react to it appropriately.

Switching incoming lines to ISDN seems like the correct action to take, especially if it has been recommended by Panasonic techs.