VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voicemail Manager

I am trying to get the voicemail to give options at the end of the voicemail to xfer to a different number when the voicemail greeting is completed. I do not want a recording at the end. anyway to do this with the voiceguide system? I was thinking the MISC section of the voicemail manager properties would allow to do so but I cannot find any information about that particular page.

any help will be appreciated.

If you just want to play a message and then transfer then there is no need to use a voicemail system at all. Just create a VoiceGuide script in which a Play module plays a message and then goes to a Call Transfer module which transfers the call.

Sample script attached.

play_and_transfer.vgs

Ok I did not explain good enough.............that is what I hear from my wife all the time. We currently have the script setup to do what we need and it does transfer calls and it works great. What we are needing is to be able to update the scripts in a user friendly way. Currently we have to go into the script and edit 3 different areas and can be very labor intensive and complicated. If we were able to use a new voice mail box for each update and then get an option at the end to transfer or leave a message it would be much easier.

I feel I must explain a little more of what we are doing. We are listing houses and have an ext on the signs for each house. When someone calls into the line they enter the ext and then are transfered to that particular part of the script with the wav file that explains the house. The more houses we get the more entering and changing of the script we must do. That is why we would like to use the voicemail system so we can enter a house on each voicemail box. I am sure there is a way we can send the caller back to the script to either enter another house or leave message etc.

I see there may be a way to enter some vb to transfer the call back to a script but we do not want the call to back to the origional script so we may have to make another script to accept these transfers.

When someone calls into the line they enter the ext and then are transfered to that particular part of the script with the wav file that explains the house. The more houses we get the more entering and changing of the script we must do.

You should be able to design the script in such a way that no changes to it are required when a new house is added - if you can post your script here we can have a look at it and let you know what changes you should make to it to make it work using Result Variables instead of explicit paths for each house listing.

Here is the script we are currently using. We have to creat a new property ID and enter the ext number in the "get property id" to make the new one work.

I appreciate anything you can do to make it work for us.

FSBO_VER_1.vgs

Have a look at the attached 'before' and 'after' scripts.

'before' is your scripts with modules repositioned on screen to make script more readable.

'after' uses $RV[Get Property ID] when playing sound files, so you do not need to add a new module for each new property.

You just need to add a line like this:

on {XXX} goto [Property USE RV]

In module [Get Property ID] for each new property. (where XXX is the property ID)

FSBO.zip

You must excuse me but I am a bit confused (I am learning this stuff as we go along). If we have everything going to the Property use RV how do we get multiple houses on 1 module? We use the Wav files to describe the houses and there is only room for 1 wav file per module. We will have multiple houses and need to add the extra wav files every time we get a new house.

So,

A) Does there need to be a wav file created?

B) When the caller goes to "get property id" they will have to enter an ext number to listen to the information about the property. Where will that information be stored?

I do not think I am understanding this because it looks like I will have to still create a property ID for any additional houses.

A) Does there need to be a wav file created?

You still need to record a description for each property... and that sound file will be played with caller enters the corresponding property ID.

B) When the caller goes to "get property id" they will have to enter an ext number to listen to the information about the property. Where will that information be stored?

You will still need to specify a path for each property in module [Get Property ID].

Like the path:

on {201} goto [Property USE RV]

Just add more paths, one for each new property - but all pointing to module [Property USE RV]

looks like I will have to still create a property ID for any additional houses.

If you want the script to check if an ID entered by caller has a sound file recorded for it then you either need to have a list of ID somewhere or have a short VBScript which checks for corresponding sound file's existence.

Having a list is easier to setup, especially as it sounds like you are not familiar with VBScript.

OK, it seems we have just taken a full circle in a weeks time. so back to my original question.......

Is there a way to use the voicemail system to do this for us. It would be easier to use the voicemail ext for the home descriptions. I need to know how to:

A) Get the customer to go to the ext.

B) Place the description of the house on the voicemail ext itself. (maybe through the greeting)

We could bypass most of the parts of the script and not have to edit them every time we get another house.

From what I have been shown here we are back where we started, having to edit the scripts ever time we get a new house and add another part of the script. This can get too manual intensive. If we could setup the voicemail system...1 time. Then every time we get a new house we go to that particular ext and enter in the information via the voicemail system within the greeting and then have the customer go back to the script if they want to speak to someone or check out another house.

Then every time we get a new house we go to that particular ext and enter in the information via the voicemail system within the greeting and then have the customer go back to the script if they want to speak to someone or check out another house.

Can you explain what you mean by:

"that particular ext" - do you mean a voicemail box?

"enter in the information via the voicemail" - do you mean "record a message"?

then have the customer go back to the script

Caller can use "0" to exit a voicemail system and return back to calling script.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/voic...cemailMenus.htm and http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Voic...ntroduction.htm

yes, that particular ext does mean the mail box ext. What we were thinking about doing, is having the mail box system have our house description as the greeting and at the end of the greeting (description) have a selection at the end for the customer to leave a message or go back to the main menu. this way all we need to do is setup a voicemail box and record our description as the greeting. that seems like it would eliminate alot of the script altering. It seems we will still need a script but we will not need to update it like the way it is now.

You would still need to create a new mailbox using the Voicemail manager.

Having wrong property numbers entered can be handled quite easily with a voicemail based system:

Right now if a call is transferred to a non-existing mailbox then the voicemail system will play a sound file VmbAccessInvalidVmbId.wav which has recorded in it: "This voicemail box does not exit" - you could change this sound file to play a different message eg: "that property number does not exist - please re-enter the property number"

You would need to specify the "return" path in your "goto voicemail" path

eg: in module [Get Numbers 1] which gets the voicemail box number use this path:

on {success} goto [Voicemail Box $RV[Get Numbers 1]] return [Get Numbers 1]

see http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Paths.htm for more info.

Also see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/SoundFiles.htm to see a list of VG's system sound files.

OK I think we are getting closer. Is there a way when someone makes a selection in the "get property ID" we could send them to the voicemail box menu? I think it would be easier to setup a voicemail box than editing the script everytime we get a new house to list.

I have tried to send the caller to the voicemail box menu with some success but the voicemail box just records a message. I would like to be able to enter a greeting in the voicemail box and have a selection at the end to send the customer back to the main menu. I am not sure how to do that.

Another thing I am trying to do is to edit the voicemail box system. I need to put some custom wavs in the voicemail system instead of the ones that are currently being played.

Sorry I need to explain a little bit. The standard sound files ie the current messages the system came with. "this extensions does not exist" will need to be replaced with some of our own messages. You did mention the vm messages and they can be edited but I have not been able to find where to edit and replace them at. I have looked in the voicemail manager but cannot find where the editing of the internal messages are.

Is there a way when someone makes a selection in the "get property ID" we could send them to the voicemail box menu?

The path you would use for that is the one we specified on the last post:

eg: in module [Get Numbers 1] which gets the voicemail box number use this path:

on {success} goto [Voicemail Box $RV[Get Numbers 1]] return [Get Numbers 1]

I would like to be able to enter a greeting in the voicemail box

Have you recorded a welcoming message for the corresponding Voicemail box? Use the voicemail manger to record the greeting or just place the introduction sound files in VG's \data\VmWelc\ subdirectory.

For information on how to replace VG's 'system' sound files please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/SoundFiles.htm.

Sorry I have been gone. I have looked around to see how to place options at the end of the greetings for the vm to give them a selection of:

1.going back to the main menu.

2.leave a message.

3. and a failure option.

I am still trying to figure out the other things but have not been successful.

I will not need the get property id in the script anymore correct??

I want to try to use the vm as much as possible so I can make changes on the vm instead of the script.

how to place options at the end of the greetings for the vm to give them a selection of:

1.going back to the main menu.

2.leave a message.

3. and a failure option.

The voicemail system will during the playing of the voicemail box welcome message allow you to exit from voicemail system (option 0), or leave a message after the beep - so I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly.

Can you please describe in more detail the call flow that you are trying to set up, detailing key by key options available at each stage and where they lead.

I will not need the get property id in the script anymore correct??

I guess that at some stage you will be asking caller to enter the property ID ? When will you be asking them that?

Ok I will have to play with the vm some more.

In the script where the property information is entered will not be needed anymore due to the use of the vm system describing the property. I just need to figure out how to get the information to work with the script. I do not know VB so I am at a disadvantage and trying to get this system to work for what I need it to.

I may be going back to the previous circle we went prior but why do I need the property use rv in the script?

why do I need the property use rv in the script?

Are you referring to why you need to use the RV from the Get Numbers module in which the caller enters the Property ID about which they are enquiring?