VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Choppy And Skipping Wav Files

Hi

I'm running XP Pro with a Dialogic D/4PCIUF and VG 5.2.4 Pro with 1 line. My wav files skip and get up up for moments at a time both throught the speakers and on the phone while calling in through VG. This never happened before I installed the dialogic card. My old modem never skipped. Any sugestions?

Chris

I don't know if I was clear before. The wav files play but they tend to skip and get hung up from time to time. Sometimes they "studder" making my scripts sound terrible.

This is very strange... are you running anything else on this system at the same time? Other data transfer or sound programs?

Problem may be wave driver based - you may want to switch to "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" and see if that resolves the problems.

I am running Intel 7.1 surround soud build into the motherboard and not much else. I thinking of trying a new sound card to get new drivers.

If I use Voiceguide for Dialogic, and eliminate the wave drivers, would callers be able to record, when they call in, in wav format?

Chris

If I use Voiceguide for Dialogic, and eliminate the wave drivers, would callers be able to record, when they call in, in wav format?

Yes. The WAV format used is a bit different, that's all.

With VG for Dialogic you will need to use PCM 8kHz, 8bit, Mono files.

Do I need the enterprise addition in order to use Voiceguide for Dialogic or can I use the evaluation copy to test the new wav files?

Chris

For testing you can use the evaluation version.

Just apply the patch (back up any replaced files just in case) and then run a test.