VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Multiple Businesses

We currently run two businesses via our telephone system, we have two numbers, one for each business, both of which route to the same place.

We require the IVR software to identify which business has been called and welcome the call using one of two scenarios that will be configured via the IVR software.

Is the VoiceGuide software capable of identifying calls and routing them through one of two different scenarios dependant upon the number dialed by the caller.

Thanks

Henry

This will only work if your incoming calls arrive on a digital connection (T1 or E1).

Calls arriving on Digital connections will provide the 'indial' number information.

Calls arriving on Analog lines do not provide the 'indial' number information.

You can set up VoiceGuide on a digital connection using Dialogic D240 or D300 cards - and plug the incoming T1/E1 directly into that card.

An alternative way is if you have a PBX which accepts calls on a digital connection and then when forwarding the calls to VoiceGuide's analog extensions the PBX can supply the indial as part of its "Inband Signaling" information - you will need to speak to your local PBX supplier regarding setting this up on your existing PBX or selecting a new PBX.

Excellent,

So when calls arrive on the digital connection via the PBX and are forwarded to the analogue extensions "inband signalling" will identify the indial number to VoiceGuide which can then handle the call accordingly as BusinessA or BusinessB...

Thanks

Henry

Correct. Some PBXs may not be able to forward the full indial number as part of the Inband Signaling information but just some part of it eg: the last 4 digits of the indial number - and to establish all these details you will need to speak your PBX supplier.

There is a section in the VoiceGuide Help file which covers how VoiceGuide should be configured to detect and interpret Inband Signaling.

I need to have VG configured to answer calls to three different IVR systems coming into one E1 PRI connection. The E1 line will plug directly into the Dialogic card. (no PBX)

Will VG pick up the indialed number from the E1 automatically and assign it to a Result Variable. Or does this require special configuration?

Yes. VoiceGuide can do this on ISDN lines.

The indial number (number which caller dialed) is available to VG scripts using the $RV[DNIS] Result Variable and you can then branch to different parts of the script depending on it's value.

You will need the "VoiceGuide for ISDN" version of the software.

This version is not available for free evaluation download - you will need to purchase the license before obtaining it.

"VoiceGuide for ISDN" works the same as the free evaluation version - uses same scripts and voicemail config etc. When you purchase the license (the Enterprise version pricing must be used) you receive a patch which enables you to use VoiceGuide on PRI ISDN lines.

Thanks -

I have purchased a one line license of the regular Enterprise edition and I am designing scripts on it. During this phase we are using a voice modem. If all goes well, the actual application will be running on a Dialogic card with an E1 PRI line. Will the same scripts work when I move over to the ISDN version of the program?

(By the way, I think this forum is excellent.)