VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Program froze

We are using the Voiceguide system in a research study. Over the weekend, a few participants let us know that the phone line was busy when they tried to call in multiple times. When we checked the system, the line device state said that it was running one of the objects in the script. However, no one was currently calling in. When we checked the call log, the last call was logged as completed. We restarted the system, and it's working fine now, but we cannot afford to have it freeze again for an entire weekend. Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this problem or how to prevent it? Thanks!

Are you using a Dialogic card or a Voice Modem?

Some Voice Modems can exhibit problems like these - that is one of the reasons why we do not recommend using Voice Modems in general.

Which version of VG are you using?

the line device state said that it was running one of the objects in the script.

Do you remember what it was showing? I don’t suppose you have a screenshot of it or a trace log? If tracing was enabled please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call. You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

We are using a dialogic card, and we have the Enterprise License (1 line), version 5.0. We don't have a screenshot of the problem or a trace log, but we just turned that option on for future problems. All the State line said was 'C:/' and the name of one of the capture entered number boxes that the script runs. The program was just frozen. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

Please update system to v5.2.4 - your current registration code will still work.

v5.0 was released 2 years ago now - have you been using same system since then?

Which version of Windows are you using?

No, we're actually using version 5.2.3018, and we're running Windows XP. Do we still need to update VoiceGuide? Could this have caused the problem?

We'll need to see the trace to be able to comment on what happened.

Sometimes such problems are caused by incorrect wave driver installation and the solution there is to change to using "VG for Dialogic". It’s probably best to just do this in your case – this should be the quickest way of resolving the problem.

You can just download "VG for Dialogic" paths form our WWW. Once installed just send email to sales@voiceguide.com asking for a new registration code for it.

Our program froze again on the last event before the hangup of the call. I

had enabled the log files to be saved in the \log subdirectory, so I tried to

look in there to determine what information you would need to see to be able

to help solve the problem. However, the log files are so long, that I can't

tell what information is important. Please tell me what to send to you so

that we can solve this problem. I did not download "VG for Dialogic" because

I wasn't sure how to install this and did not want to create a problem with

the program. Could you please tell me what I need to do to keep our program

from freezing in the future? Thanks!

Please .ZIP up and post the last half an hour or so woth of data from both the MMDDvgm.txt and MMDDtw.txt traces.