VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Continuous On-hold

Hello,

im putting a long On-Hold wave file when im doing "Dial out and Conference", the dialing process might be a bit long, as the "Call Transfere" will have to search for a phone number which is not busy, so when a number is busy, vg 'of couurse' takes the busy path, so the On-Hold wave file is stopped. is there a way to play this wave file in the back ground, while im searching for a non-busy number to call?

can the on-hold file be repated? can you specify more than one on-hold wave file?

Your best approach may be to load an outgoing call with appropriate escalations to be made on another line, and from within that outgoing script when someone answers the call bridge back to the original line - which would be playing some music to the caller in the meantime...

Use RVs to pass to outgoing call the LineID of original call, and use Bridge_Connect COM function to connect callers.

can the on-hold file be repated? can you specify more than one on-hold wave file?

You should be able to specify a comma delimited list of sound files to play while 'on hold'.

I think Bridge_Connect needs the Enterprise version of VG, isn't it? I have the professional Edition

I think Bridge_Connect needs the Enterprise version of VG

Yes.

There is no other way to keep one sound file playing to original caller.

You cannot continue playing of a sound file when you go to a brand new module...

You could have a really simple "tone based" type music which is highly repetitive - then small changes would be less noticeable.

Also you could just start each on-hold with "Trying another number, please wait", then music - that's actually a pretty good solution a it tells the person holding-on that something is actually going on...