VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Changing Telephone Format On Vg Log

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE FORMAT IN WHICH VOICE GUIDE HAS THE TELEPHONE LOG'S PRINTED IN. I HAVE ALREADY RESEARCHED THE DATABASE QUERY FOR INTERGRATE WITH MS ACCESS AND OR MS EXCEL BUT, I STILL DOES NOT GUIDE ME AS TO HOW TO CHANGE THE TELEPHONE FORMAT ON THE OUTDIAL TXT LOG RETRIEVED FROM VOICE GUIDE............

EXAMPLE:

OUTDIAL UNCONTACTABLE NO ANSWER TXT:

FROM "1(503) 6675432"

TO "1-503-667-5432"

THANK YOU!

Are the numbers loaded in as "1(503) 6675432" ?

Voiceguide does not add any brackets into the number string.. so if youn are seeing brackets then they must have been specified at load time..

so all that needs to be done is for the loaded number to be specified as "1-503-667-5432" and then it will be saved the same in any log files...

our program in access has a 1-(dash) then the area code, then the phone number, for those calls that were uncontactable and or busy................how do i remove the 1 and the dash so that i can intergrate the uncontactable and or busy calls into access or excel to generate a letter for those people.

i hope that this is making sense............the program is working perfectly i just need to change the format on the uncontactable/ no answer log.........the number 1 and dash is not being loaded from my program there is no 1 or dash?

thanks!

This is more of a question related to how to do letter merging and general MS Excel functionality, rather then a VoiceGuide related question.

VoiceGuide saves in log files whatever number was dialed. Have you tried loading the numbers in to VG in the same format as is then expected by your Letter Merging software?

WE IMPORT VG"(123) 1234567" TO DIAL OUT AND VG GENERATES A NO RESPONSE OR UNANSWERED LOG WITH THE NUMBER IN THE FOLLOWING FORMAT "1(123) 123-4567".

VG IS ADDING A PREFIX "1" AND A " " TO THE NUMBER BEING IMPORTED. WE NEED TO HAVE THE LOG WITH THE NUMBER JUST AS IT IS BEING IMPORTED TO VG.

THANK YOU!

Did you specify a prefix to be add to the loaded numbers? (I assume that you are using the Telephone Number Loader, correct?)

VG will save in it's log whatever the number was that was actually dialed - so it will include any specified prefixes.

It is quite straightforward to delete the leading two characters in whatever software you are loading it into afterwards... have a look at this VB/VBScript function:

mid(strIn, 3, 100)

most letter merging apps should also let you specify what part of the field to extract as well...

PLEASE DON'T WRITE IN UPPER CAPS, IT TAKES LONGER TO READ THINGS THAT ARE WRITTEN UN UPPER CAPS.

We are using the number loader and specify to use "1" as a prefix as it is needed to dial out... ie. 1+area code+number. However, VG also adds a "-" (dash) between the number, thus when I get the uncontactable log, I get the number with a "1" and a "dash" that I did not load in.

ex: (123) 1234567 is the number imported, after dialing the log shows me

1(123) 123-4567 do you have a way of having the log return just as I imported the number?

The telephone number loader does not add any dashes.

It takes the prefix and the number and concatenates them and that's the number loaded into the database and the number dialed.

It's easy to confirm this - just load a few numbers with prefixes using the Telephone Number loaded and the then open the OutDialQue.mdb database in VG's \data\ subdirectory and you will see what the loaded numbers are.

Any uncontactable logs etc. will have the same number as is loaded into OutDialQue.mdb

Ok.. I tested it and this is what it is doing..

I import (239) 123-1234 into VG

VG then concatenates the number and adds the 1 and dials.. it then reports to the log 1(239) 1231234 as the dialed number..

I need to compare the number to my original number and can probably remove the 1 but cannot add the "-" back into the number can you have VG not remove the "dash"?

thanks