VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Upgrade

I have a dialogic c/4 card and voiceguide enterprise+1 line dialer

I now want to use 2nd line on my card - what upgrade do you advise?

Also i want to install voiceguide on a redundant backup machine which wil be used only if the 1st machine fails - do i have to buy another licence for backup machine?

I now want to use 2nd line on my card - what upgrade do you advise?

You just buy another 1 line license. When ordering in comments indicate that you have existing license and this is an additional line to that license.

Also i want to install voiceguide on a redundant backup machine which wil be used only if the 1st machine fails - do i have to buy another licence for backup machine?

Yes. Just like you have to buy another computer, another Dialogic card and another license for Windows...

thanks

if i go for ent 4 lines + diallers - would i get credit for my existing 1 line product??

Hi im now moving the d4pci card from win2k to a new machine with XP and i want to ask you if

1. will the old drivers for win 2k work on xp as well?

2. What do i do to registar the new installation of VG - can i use the old key?

3. Intel doesnt specify Xp as compatible os but you do - is that ok?

1. will the old drivers for win 2k work on xp as well?

Yes.

2. What do i do to registar the new installation of VG - can i use the old key?

You will be able to use the old key if the old key was linked to the Dialogic card (as it should have been). If key was not linked to Dialogic card then please email sales@voiceguide.com with your current registration details.

3. Intel doesnt specify Xp as compatible os but you do - is that ok?

We have not found any problems running Dialogic with SR5.1.1 under XP.

Hi

Ive installed the dialogic card on an xp machine alnd installed voiceguide.

Its working fine except that when i reach call conference it disconnects the callers although the script shows "announced conferencing".

I've then tried by copying all files from old_machine\dialogic\data to new machine just in case the configuration settings. The earch recall parama in uk_d4p.prm is set to 10 ( as it was on the old machine)

im using 2 lines on VG enterprise version

My country setting on dialogic config manager is UK

please advise.

At what stage is the original caller disconnected? When the conference call transfer begins or immediately after the destination number is dialed?

Does the destination phone number ring at all?

Have you tried using "Announced Conference Call" option?

Were you able to do a Call Conference with these phone lines and theis Dialogic card before?

The phone line is the same as that was successfully putting conferencing through on the previous machine with the same dialogic card and VG 5.2.2. Im using same dialogic card and vg 5.2.4 on the new machine.

yes im only using announced conferencing as i did on the prev machine

The call gets disconnected immediately before the number is dialled OR the number is dialled and conferencing message is played back to caller - ive tried to change earth recall PARAM in uk_d4p file but it produces either of the above responses.

The called number does not ring.

Hi

I would appreciate a reply to the above - im running a commercial live service - which is .............NO RUNNING at the moment because the i've not had any advise fro you!!

Cheers

The call gets disconnected immediately before the number is dialled OR the number is dialled and conferencing message is played back to caller - ive tried to change earth recall PARAM in uk_d4p file but it produces either of the above responses.

If the hookflash (earth-recall) is set too high then this would be interpreted as a hangup and the Dialogic card would hangup the call. Usually in these situations the destination number still rings as the telco switch usually treats the destination extensions dialing afterwards as a start of a new call.

If the hookflash length is set too low then the hookflash will not be noticed by the telco switch, and the caller will hear the destination number being dialed and any announcement messages following it...

If the telco switch supports 3-way call conferencing then the hookflash setting should be set to the value the telco switch expects.

In VG for Dialogic the hookflash setting should be set in Config.xml file. a value of 10 in Config.xml represents a 100ms hookflash length.

Defualt setting is:

<SetParm>

<Description>Flash time during dialing</Description>

<Key>DXBD_FLASHTM</Key>

<Value>10</Value>

<Default>10</Default>

</SetParm>

After changing Config.xml you need to restart VG.

After changing uk_d4p.prm you need to restart the Dialogic service.

Is the .prm file selected in the DCM as the parameter file to be loaded?

After changing uk_d4p.prm you need to restart the Dialogic service.

Is the .prm file selected in the DCM as the parameter file to be loaded?

>>> .prm is not selected in the DCM as the paramter file - but it was not selected on the old machine too.

Do I need tochange the hookflash timing in BOTH uk_d4p AND config.xml ?????

In VG for Dialogic just changing the config.xml should be sufficient.

The default setting is 100ms - which usually works for most systems... you may need to experiment a bit and see what values give what results in your environment...

i didnot find config.xml file but i found rtfconfig.xml and made the changes - and saved it as follows

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>

<!DOCTYPE RTFConfig (View Source for full doctype...)>

- <RTFConfig trace="1" timestamp="1" tracelocation="TRACE_LOG" logformat="UNALIGNED" qos="LAZY_COMMIT">

<Logfile name="rtflog.txt" path="c:\rtflog" size="100" />

<Maxmodules number="30" />

<Maxclients number="1483" />

<Maxlabels number="20" />

- <Global>

<GLabel name="Error" state="1" />

- <!-- Following are comment out examples of global label

<GLabel name="Warning" state = "0"/>

<GLabel name="Info" state = "0"/>

-->

- <!-- Following is comment out example about global client

<GClient name="dxxxB2C2" state = "0">

<GClientLabel name="Error"/>

</GClient>

-->

</Global>

- <SetParm>

<Description>Flash time during dialing</Description>

<Key>DXBD_FLASHTM</Key>

<Value>10</Value>

<Default>10</Default>

</SetParm>

- <!-- Following are commented out examples for specific module

<Module name="Module0" state = "1">

<MLabel name="CustomizedModuleLabel" state = "1"/>

<MLabel name="Warning" state = "0"/>

</Module>

<Module name="Module1" state = "1">

<MClient name="dxxxB1C1" >

<MClientLabel name="CustomizedClientLabel" state = "1"/>

<MClientLabel name="Info" state = "0"/>

</MClient>

</Module>

-->

</RTFConfig>

Still not able to conference at 100 ms - I will try lower hookflash timings but can you confirm that the above config.xml is correct way forward or do i need to rename it rtfconfig.xml ??

sorry i now understand - you believe I have VG for dialogic? - No I dont cos the system was working perfectly well without it on the old machine.

I've just checked and VG for dialogic and it only supports CM 8kHz 8bit Mono

I WOULD PREFER TO keep to VG (without the dialogic patch)

Can you please advise now - how to set / change the hookflash duration and in what increments.

cheers

If you re using v5.x of VoiceGuide (ie: Not "VG for Dialogic") then instructions on setting the hookflash are here: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/html/Dial...llTransfers.htm

I think you are familiar with both places where the hookflash length can be set: in the TSP config screens and in the .PRM file.

Just set hookflash length in both places to be the same, then restart computer and test outcome, then set both places to another value and restart & test again etc etc...