VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Database Return Code

I'm connecting to oracle 9i using ODBC; scripts can follow path from success or fail. my question is, is there any way to get the oracle database return value?

I need it to monitor why can a module fail, storage, constraints and so.

Thank you.

FM.

What type of errors/conditions are you trying to capture/intercept?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the query made to Oracle which results in this condition/error being returned, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

I mean general database return codes, an example is:

ORA-00001 unique constraint (string.string) violated

I know that i need to test the system against this kind of errors, but there is a very long list of events that can happen with oracle database and handling every condition is impossible, so i'm looking for a solution to this problem.

I think manually checking the log can be part of the solution because I need alerts in real time, kind of triggering an event when database error occurs.

Any idea?

FM

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the query made to Oracle which results in a condition/error being returned that you want to intercept.

112740.64 7 db DBEngine.Error 1:23000: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00001: unique constraint (APP.PK_TEMP) violated

:ODBC.Database

This line has the information I need: ORA-00001

Complete log as attachment.

FM

VGLog.txt

Using the current version you should be able to trigger on the error number, which in this case is 3146

Try using this path:

on {3146} goto [play error message]

where play error message is your module that is to be ran when error occurs.

112740.59  7 ERROR 5.2.4000 DB Execute: 3146,ODBC--call failed.

112740.59  7 rv    lg add [Database Query 19_20_RowCount]{0}

112740.64  7 db    DBEngine.Error 1:23000: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00001: unique constraint (APP.PK_TEMP) violated

:ODBC.Database

112740.64  7 db    DBEngine.Error 3146:ODBC--call failed.:DAO.Database

Also this should work:

on {ODBC--call failed.} goto [play error message]

If you update to the attached .exe you should be able to use paths like these as well:

on {23000} goto [play error message]

on {[Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00001: unique constraint (APP.PK_TEMP) violated} goto [play error message]

Which I think is the more specific error that you want to intercept...

VgMulti_5.2.4006.zip

Were you using the .exe supplied in our previous post?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the query made to Oracle.