VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outgoing Call Line Control

Is there a way to control the rate of calls on a particular line? I would like the calls placed on line 1 to pause every 10 minutes. Line 2,3,4 etc. can continue calling uninterrupted.

The idea is to free up line 1 intermittently so that incoming calls can get processed without having to completely give up the line.

You can use the Line Selection field to limit outgoing calls to be made on particular lines only.

You can use that approach to select some calls to be made on lines 2,3,4 only.

You can also schedule calls to be made at a particular time.

Use this approach together with Line Selection field to schedule calls to be made at intervals on line 1 only.

I have attempted to use line selection. The VG log shows devices 1 to 8 with my Dialogic D/42-NS card on device 5,6,7,8. When I specify lines 6,7,8 VG will only call out on line 7. I have tried every combination to identify the lines including the dxxxB1C2 notation with no luck.

Do I need to install the VG for dialogic patch with my D/42-NS?

VG Log file attached.

Thank you,

Al

0524vgm.zip

Please try specifying the line selections like this:

or

dxxxB1C2,dxxxB1C3,dxxxB1C4

or

,dxxxB1C2,dxxxB1C3,dxxxB1C4,

and see which ones of these work.

I think you are inserting calls direct into the database, right?

Insert a few entries using the "Telephone Number Loader" and have a look at how it inserts the data into the database...

OK. You guys really know your stuff! Followed your instructions and it works perfectly. I use Dialer_OutDialQueAdd in a VBS script to insert the line numbers however I did go in manually and change the setting in the database which might have caused the problem.

Doing intermittent calls on line 1 is turning out not to be as simple as setting the active time. Our users can run multiple campaigns with various priorities that cause havoc. My plan now is to setup a job that runs every five or ten minutes and pauses the calls on line 1 by setting the activate time way in the future and then resetting it back two minutes later. This should provide the breather necessary to dial in on line 1.

I can’t believe what we have been able to achieve using your software! We built a system that is fully programmable over the phone, integrates with backend databases, email and paging, uses the ATT TTS and just kicks butt. Performance and stability has been solid on our w2k based system. Our client is extremely satisfied and is dreaming up new ideas everyday.

Thank You! Keep up the good work.

Al