VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Analog / Vonage Vs Ip Settup?

Analog vs IP - How does it work

Structure required:chatline format

Line Structure = 2 chats (4 lines) + 2 lines in [6lines total]

Appearantly I can use 'Vonage' (or equal. voip service provider) as analog phone

lines.

Q: Do it just order 6 lines from Vonage and it all comes down my 3meg DSL service?

Q: Do I need to upgrade to T1/ ISDN?

Q: If I upgrade to T1 line do I still need the Vonage nunbers or can I implament my own voip connections. (Maybe a vonage phone number in each city Then just bandwidth)

[Really I just need to know how to best implement a chatline in one to 2 citys & allow it to scale up]

Thanks for your input

Cheers

Q: Do it just order 6 lines from Vonage and it all comes down my 3meg DSL service?

You have to speak with Vonage to see if all 6 numbers can come down one DSL service (there should be no reason why they cannot..). You can then set up their 6 boxes and plug the 6 lines coming out of them into the Dialogic card.

Q: Do I need to upgrade to T1/ ISDN?

Getting a T1 ISDN is the best way of getting a number of phone lines at the same time (you can get up to 24 on one line). Speak to your local phone companies about getting these T1 lines.

Q: If I upgrade to T1 line do I still need the Vonage nunbers or can I implament my own voip connections.

No. The T1 would come with it's ows set of phone numbers. You're best to speak to your local phone companies regading all aspects of setting these up.

I just need to know how to best implement a chatline in one to 2 citys & allow it to scale up

Get a T1 ISDN and some forwarding numbers from the various cities.

Hey Thanks,

So 24 lines on a T1 (24 people talking or 12?)

How many on a ISDN? (PRI) [iSDN w/Fritzcards seam much cheaper...]

Can one Dialogic Card handle this are do you need more?

I am guessing the configuration is for lets say 2 cities is ...

1 PC

2 phone lines/Vonage lines (215, 212)

1 T1/IDSL line

1 Dialogic Card

Put T1 cable into Dialogic Card & put the 2 Vonage cables into the Card as well.

Is that right? Is there a good site to look at how the hardware/service setups work? (So I can stop asking all the 'stupid' questions - sorry)

Why do fish swim?

Thanks Very Much!

Best way to go is to get a T1 ISDN connection.

Use a Dialogic D/240JCTcard.

It has 24 lines.

If you must go with Vonage then get an analog card (D/41JCT or D/120JCT) and connect Vonage lines to the analog ports on the card.