VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vb Script Files

A quick question regarding the VB Script 'VBS' files that are created in the VoiceGuide\Data directory:

The VB Scripts I've written in my application change in accordance with the activities of the user during their time on the phone.

It appears that everytime a call is made into my script, a new set of VBS files are deposited into the VoiceGuide\Data directory. This makes sense, because I understand how VoiceGuide passes the VBS files to an external parser for execution, then retrieves the results for use back in the script.

However, when I deploy my script into live usage, I am a bit concerned about the Data directory becoming clogged up with redundant VBS files, particularly as I am expecting 1000's of calls on a daily basis.

I haven't seen these files automatically removed as yet, although I do appreciate that my test server hasn't really been running for that much time yet. Does VoiceGuide have a policy for removal of these files after use? Are there any efficiency practices I can use?

Many thanks!

It appears that everytime a call is made into my script, a new set of VBS files are deposited into the VoiceGuide\Data directory.

Not quite the case.

The .VBS files are named like this:

vbs_iLineId_iIndex.vbs

where the iIndex starts at 1 on each new call.

So new .vbs files will overwrite the older .vbs files from the previous call on the same line.

So at any one time you always have a record of what VBScripts were ran by a particular line during the last call.