VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Disable Mailbox Pin

We are a small communications company in Perth WA.

Currently have VoiceGuide running and connected to an Avaya INDeX PABX with limited inband signalling support. When retrieving msg's the INDeX system does not send any inband to tel VoiceGuide who is calling in. Because of this the caller 1st has to enter their mailbox No. & #, then their pin number & # (eg. 100# 0000#).

As you could imagine, This gets quite frustrating having to dial this long string of digits every time someone logs in to check messages. Is there anyway to disable the pin no. on all mailboxes? Also, not that this would be applicable if we can disable the pin but, if VoiceGuide expects a 4 digit pin no, why is there the need to press # after the 4 digit entry?.

Does anyone know the code to activate a MW light on an Avaya INDeX?? The only way we know of is to dial the extn no, and while ringing, dial "1". turning on the message light. The problem with this is that 9 times out of 10 that extn is going to be diverted to the voicemail therefore VoiceGuide in effect ends up calling itself back!. Any help on the above would be much appreciated.

You can edit the entire voicemail scripts any way you like - all the voicemail scripts are in VG's \system\vm\ directory.

For help with Avaya you should contact your local Avaya representative.

Does this PBX have any CTI interface which can be used to access the call related information?

the system does have that feature but requires a $$$$ "license Key" to enable it. It does however, have an event log which I know gets used by the INDeX intergrated, external voicemail system if one is connected. Is this any use???

You would need to write an application which reads that log and then makes the relevant information available to the voicemail system...

You would then have to modify the voicemail scripts to read in this information and use it...

the system does have that feature but requires a $$$$ "license Key" to enable it.

Do you know what type of CTI interface the PBX has?

Have just had an idea, when I call an extn, and while that extn is ringing, I hit "1" the call terminates and the MW lamp on the called extn is activated. (as per normal callback message).

I didnt realise before but if the extn you call is diverted to another extn, pressing "1" still activates the original called extn no's light.

Can this senario be utilized by VoiceGuides message wait function?

i.e leave the pre dial box blank & insert ",,1" in the post dial box?? (,, to add a pause after the extn no is dialled)

If this will work then all our problems are solved & will purchase a VoiceGuide 4 line enterprise edition.

Have just had an idea, when I call an extn, and while that extn is ringing, I hit "1" the call terminates and the MW lamp on the called extn is activated. (as per normal callback message).

Sounds like you should config your PBX Strings like the attached image.

You can try using just "1" instead of ",1"

i.e leave the pre dial box blank & insert ",,1" in the post dial box??

Yes. But one comma should probably be enough (if needed at all).

I guess that some other key (2?) would be used to turn the message lamp off...

If this will work then all our problems are solved & will purchase a VoiceGuide 4 line enterprise edition.

You will need Dialer add-on as well. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vgFeatures.htm

post-2-1115367465.gif

Thankyou for your reply. one more quick one, What directory are the mailbox voice messages stored?

\data\VmSave\ subdirectory.

Again, this can be changed by altering the voicemail scripts.