VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Way Call Support Vs Call Transfer

I am doing a transfer with the 3 way blind cc option, and I have 3 way calling as opposed to call transfer service from my telco- the result of this is that the line connected to the voice guide server has to stay connected to keep the call alive. The behavior that I am seeing is that voice guide transfer upon success is hanging up and terminating the call. This would be great if I had call transfer instead of 3 way calling. I have tried removing the success -> hangup path, but then voice guide never seems to hang up the call after both of the other lines have hung up- in some cases it then calls back the original caller to reconnect the call- How can I get vg to stay on the line until one of the other lines have hung up and then hang up? I have a licensed copy of 4.7x enterprise, but I am testing on the current build with plans to upgrade upon success-

Thanks-

I have tried removing the success -> hangup path,

If you have that path defined that it will be taken immediately after conferencing the 3rd party in - and if you point it to a Hangup module then yes the 3 way conf will then finish.

Use this path only to start a recording module to record the call, or some other module which awaits callers input.

but then voice guide never seems to hang up the call after both of the other lines have hung up

Are you using a voice modem or a Dialogic card?

Is 'end of call tone' detection working on other calls?

Does the phone company send the 'end of call tone' when either party hangs up?

i appreciate the quick response- :)

I am using a way2call desktop- in testing, I obviously exhausted the licensing trial - is there a way I can reset this to continue testing?

You said -

If you have that path defined that it will be taken immediately after conferencing the 3rd party in - and if you point it to a Hangup module then yes the 3 way conf will then finish.

Use this path only to start a recording module to record the call, or some other module which awaits callers input.

If I do not have success-> hangup, how do I get it to hang up after I hang up?

you said-

Is 'end of call tone' detection working on other calls?

Does the phone company send the 'end of call tone' when either party hangs up?

I am not sure- their office is closed at this hour- How can I verify the eoc tone detection without the telco info?

thanks-

ok, i figured out how to reset the trial-

I have removed the success-> hangup path, unfortunately, whatever the end of call signal is, it is not being interpreted correctly

also, can I remove the dtmf 3 tone?- my telco only requires a ! to complete the 3 way call-

thanks-

whatever the end of call signal is, it is not being interpreted correctly

Does the phone company play any tones/beeps when either party hangs up?

can I remove the dtmf 3 tone

In Script Designer go to Edit menu and select "PBX Command Strings"

no, there is no tone to indicate an eoc- i removed the 3- thx is there any other way to sense the eoc?

On analog lines from the phone company you can only tell that a call has finished if the phone company plays a 'disconnect' tone (ie: beep-silence-beep-... etc etc) or if the lines Loop Current is cut by the phone company.

Ask your phone company if maybe they can set up these lines to either play a tone or drop the loop current. If they cannot do that then the only option is to get another card and another line and do "Dial and Conference" type connections - assuming that disconnect tone is played when normal calls end...