VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Need Help In 'play As Number' Module.

See,

Say the number to be read is : 424.

It says "four hundred tewnty four". It picks up wave files for 4, then hundred, and then for 20 and then for 4.

correct for english.

Now the language I use - 20 and 4, sound different as 24. We can not add wav files of 20 and 4 to play 24.

for 242 - we need to play wav files for 4 and 100 and then 24 (not 20 and 4).

we have seperate files for 1 - 99, and then hundred, thousand etc..

Please help asap.

What language are you using? Do you need to use 1 - 99 also when saying multiples of thousands etc ?

How would 424000 be spoken (please list the WAV files used)

Have you considered using TTS if one is available for your language? Many TTS engines these days deliver very good sound quality.

I need to use English and Hindi (an Asian language).

in my requirement :

424000 should be spoken like :

4.wav

millian.wav

24.wav

thousand.wav

----------------------

415 should be read spoken like :

4.wav

hundred.wav

15.wav

Yes, I need to use 1 - 99 as seperate wav files for the purpose.

In English - 24 will be spoken as 20.wav+4.wav

But my requirement is - 24 will be spoken as 24.wav

TTS will not help. There is not TTS available for my langauge.

please help asap.

The changes would need to be done in the VoiceGuide itself - the "Speak Number" engine itself would need to be changed to construct the resulting spoken number from different wave files to suit the Hindi language requirements...

I know that right now there is a set of other work much higher on the priority list, so unless you can commit to substantial order I don’t think this change can be made soon. (if this is for a big order then email sales@katalina.com.au with your modification requirements and order details)

If there is no Hindi TTS available then there is another way that you can get this to work, but it will require a fair bit of VB Scripting in the "Run VB Script" module:

You can write a VB script which would take as an input the number/amount to be spoken and output a list of WAV files separated by commas - if this list is saved in a Result Variable you can then use a "Play" module to play that Result Variable - which would of course play the WAV files list...

IS there a way to pass params to a VBScript.

I know that you can use RVs in the script but how do you set the RVs in the first place. The idea is to pass some programatic values (constants even) into a vbs script that will then generate the correct list of files to play.

If this was C I would use a function signiture like this

BOOL ChangeToString( CURRENCY a_Amount, LPCSTR a_BaseDirForFiles , LPSTR * a_ReturnString )

There are other items I would like to pass but that should get the idea across.

I can see running a VBS to set the variables that are params to my next modult but the just seems hackish to me.

Also is there a command similar to #include in VBS (I did not see one on the MS scripting technology site).

Scott

To set a new RV you can just use an 'Evaluate Expression' module - you can assign a value to a new Result Variable using that module..

If you want to initialize many Result Variables it's probably best to use a Run VBScript module (as you have identified already). You can return a number of Result Variables as values returned from the script...

There is currently work carried out on creating pre-defined functions which will be able to be called from a VB Script module - one of them will be a "ResultVariableSet" function... this should make things easier in the future...