VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Trace Shows Answering, But No Audio Plays

Been a great product .... however, having a bit of a serious problem now.

This is VG Pro single line ver 5.2.3018 - O/S W2k W/S Pro, 512 MB Ram, 1.0 GH P3

Dialogic PCI 4 line board - VG phone number = 704-782-2774

I have attached files:

- 0422sw.txt

- 0422tw.txt

- 0422vgm.txt

- Howdy.wav

- TSSand AA01.vgs

When a call comes in, the trace file starts to capture envents - telling me the phone is connected to the Dialogic and VG is connected to Dialogic.

The Trace reports ring 0, ring 2, ring 3, ring 4 ... (notice ring 1 is missing)

REPORTS that it is playing the Howdy.wav file. That file is in the location reported in the trace file and plays just fine outside of VG.

The caller hears the rings, but does not hear the Howdy.wav file playing during which time, the caller continues to hear rings.

Finally, my backup answering machine picks up and informs the caller the primary system is down etc. BUT, this happens so infrequently, I don't often check the backup answering machine - that is where the serious part comes in - missed calls.

This system was working fine. I have rebooted with the same results.

What do you suggest?

Thanks ... abe

Abe050422.zip

The caller hears the rings, but does not hear the Howdy.wav file playing during which time, the caller continues to hear rings.

If the caller continues to hear Rings this means that the phone company's switch does not think that the call has been answered.

This looks like a hardware error - I'd suggest changing the Dialogic card...

OK - Thanks. I replaced the D/4PCI card. Now on VG startup, I get the message:

"Registration not valid for this computer. Please check the registration details."

While trying to diagnose this problem, I moved the phone line to the second positon on the D/4PCI and selected line 2 for the VG. I did not INTENTIONALLY change anything else.

How do I fix this... ?

Thanks... abe

Does the caller now hear the sound file played by VG?

Regarding registration, sounds like the registration code was linked to the Dialogic card. Send an email to sales@voiceguide.com and quote this thread - you will be issued a new registration code.