VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Webpage Signals Vg To Dial

Hi,

I have a webpage where users enter their name and telephone number. It is hosted on a different computer than the computer running Voiceguide.

What would be the easiest and most reliable way to send that phone number to the autodialer so it could be added to Dialer_OutDialQueAdd()?

Some ideas I came up with are:

1) I could have the server send an email and then parse the email on the VG computer. Emails are unreliable however.

2) Maybe use an FTP server?

3) Are you familiar with a direct way to send a data packet to the VG computer and then maybe a VGscript or VG application can preform the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd()?

Maybe I'm overthinking this, I hope there is an easy way.

thanks,

Adam

Probably best to just insert the entry to be dialed directly into the OutDialQue.mdb database (or the OutDialQue MSSQL Server based table if using "VG for Dialogic").

I have decided to use an FTP site. A Web server will place upload a small .txt file to the FTP site that contains the phone number to dial.

What I want to do is modify the vm_ftp.vbs script to check this FTP site every minute from VG and whenever there is a .txt file, download it and run Dialer_OutDialQueAdd()

My question is:

Do I create a .vgs script that polls the FTP site (as above) with "start the script without answering call" setting checked so it is always running? Will this work?

Thanks,

Adam

Just schedule Windows to run the script periodically, or just run it in a loop...