VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

About To Order Voiceguide

Hi there,

I'm about to place an order for a 16 port licence enterprise version of VoiceGuide. I have a couple of quick questions before ordering:

1) I think I would like to link my licence to my server's Network card. This is because I plan to build and test the new VoiceGuide server using an old 2 port Dialogic card, then install a 16 port Dialogic card from a different server once everything is running OK. Because the change in Dialogic card will mean my licence will become invalid, I plan to link to the Network card which will remain in-place.

However, it is possible that the server may be changed in the near future (about 6 months time), and the existing server's Network card is on-board, not PCI-based. The new server will therefore have a different network card. Will it be possible for me to update my licence when the server is replaced? Will there be a cost for this?

Or can I put in an spare, unused PCI network card into the existing server, link the licence to that, then transfer the card and the licence to the new server when it arrives?

2) The script module limit for Enterprise edition is 'unlimited'. I am currently writing a very complex application for VoiceGuide that is likely to run into at least several hundred modules, perhaps even 500 or more and involving lots of VBScript COM access into external databases.

Do you have experience of any kind of scripting limitations - e.g. performance degradation with large script files, or multiple small scripts vs. large single script etc.?

Many thanks in advance.

Or can I put in an spare, unused PCI network card into the existing server, link the licence to that, then transfer the card and the licence to the new server when it arrives?

Yes. Another popular approach is to use a USB based Ethernet adapter.

Do you have experience of any kind of scripting limitations - e.g. performance degradation with large script files, or multiple small scripts vs. large single script etc.?

A 500+ module script will add 1-2 seconds to start-up time as it gets loaded. That's about the only noticeable result of working with large scripts.