VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outbound Voice Mail

My voice mail broadcast system works well. It is set up like this: The dialer calls a designated recipient, plays the message and tells the recipient that they should press star to leave a message to provide their address. Sometimes, the recipient does not speak clearly and I can't make out the exact address. If I knew the number that the dialer called to this recipient, I could back track to my data base where I already have the recipient's address. The problem is that I don't know what number the dialer dialed to this recipient. Is there some way I can link a phone number to the recipient?

Hal Netkin

You can use Result Variables to access both bits of information in your script. From VoiceGuide Help file:

$RV_CALLEDNUMBER : If the call is an outbound call this variable stores the telephone number which was dialed.

$RV[module title] : The last recorded filename in case of a Record module.

So there are a few ways that you can do this:

1) Save the recorded filename and the number dialed together to a database or a text file.

2) Use the $RV_CALLEDNUMBER as part of the specified filename into which the Record module should save the recording (you would probably want to use a few other RVs as well - like $RV_HOUR, $RV_MINUTE, $RV_SECOND etc..)

3) You can open any of the scripts automatically generated Log files in a text editor and search through it to find the recorded filename - the number dialed should be also logged (you can have it logged also closer to the Record module by evaluating $RV_CALLEDNUMBER in an "Evaluate Expression" module)