VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Callerid - Call Monitoring

my D/41 ESC doesn't catch any callerdID. Our normal phone is showing CIDs, so the service is there. I'm in Taiwan and the GC is set to US since TW for Taiwan was not available. Any ideas ?

With VG 2.9 and a simple modem I used to be able to monitor and retrieve calls through my sound card/speakers, but with this system I try to no avail.

You should speak with your local Dialogic distributor to seer how your Dialogic card can be configured to properly read the CallerID in your area.

You cannot 'monitor' calls when using a Dialogic card - but you may still be able to do this when using a modem - depends on how the modem's drivers are set up.

Thank you. However, it was your company who emphasised to rather use Dialogic cards for better functions, that's why we got a testing unit to test a new application for our customer.

Eventually we may need to move to other software (i.e. CallAudit, etc.) to get what we need.

Dialogic cards are a much better choice then Voice modems...

They usually can be set up to read CallerID sent by most phone companies - but you would need to speak with your local Dialogic distributor if the card does not work 'out-of-the-box' - they may have some special drivers which will make the card read your phone company's CallerID.

You would not get different results with any other software - it's up to the card to read and decode the CallerID sent by the phone company.