VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic Call Status

I am trying to create an ACD routine. I can put the caller on hold, lookup a suitable extension number as a result of answers to prompts, and dial it. Is there a result variable that will report if the call is answered, busy detected or ring count etc? The dialogic card will know what is going on, but I don't know how to interrogate it from VG. Can you help?

Without CTI integration with the PBX all you can do is call the "Transfer Call" module and let it handle the call transfer for you.

Does your PBX support CTI integration? If yes that what is the PBX and what CTI integration protocols does it support?

I don't have the benefit of PBX CTI integration. I'm trying to port an application to VG. In the existing application their call module has result paths which include busy, fast-busy, no reply after n rings etc so I can branch off accordingly. If what you say is correct, it's the end of the road for me as far as VG is concerned, because I cannot even replicate the current system. But this is the benefit of offering trial versions.

I'd have thought (or had hoped) there was a TAPI function that could be called by VBS to get the kind of status results that are shown in the trace log.

Thanks anyway for your help and quick responses.

The Transfer Call module in the "VoiceGuide for Dialogic" version will let you specify paths to take if the destination extension is busy/fast busy, no answer, operator intercept, no dialtone etc.

Are you using a Dialogic card?

If yes then send an email to sales@voiceguide.com and they will forward you an evaluation of "VoiceGuide for Dialogic".

Yes, I'm using PC's with multiple Dialogic 4/pci-Euro cards. I've sent the email. I'd like to use your product if possible.

Thanks for the file. I've instlled the Dialogic patch, but my trace log now shows the following error, even when running your sample scripts:

104256.22 1 ERROR 6.0.1055 TW__LineEvCallState_Error:Subscript out of range

although the demo scripts seem to work. I have 2 x Dialogic 4/PCI-Euro cards in the PC. The error shows immediately after a call is received.

Looks like you are using an old version of the product : v6.0.1055

Where did you download it from?

Please see our WWW from where you can download the current version of the software.

I downloaded everything via your site about 10 days ago to a completly new PC. Old version of what?

I was informed that you must be using "VoiceGuide for Dialogic", is that correct?

Please post the full trace showing the entire incoming call, and the script used at the time.

If I use your sample scripts, such as the credit card script.vbs, I get:

104256.22 1 ERROR 6.0.1055 TW__LineEvCallState_Error:Subscript out of range

at the first ring. It is the first line of the trace. I didn't get this until I installed the patch you sent me on Friday, VoiceGuide for dialogic.

That is the full trace! Nothing gets appended to the trace log after that error line which is there at the first ring. This only started after I added the Dialogic patch you sent me. Does the config.xml file need altering with two Dialogic cards? My evaluation VoiceGuide shows only four lines active. The readme says:

If you are using something other then a 4 port analog card then you may need to edit the Config.xml file and specify which lines which you would like VoiceGuide to control.

See the sample Config.xml files for examples of how to set up the Config.xml file for different systems. This step may be a bit tricky depending on which cards are installed in the system. If you have any problems email support@voiceguide.com or post your question in the support forum.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - then ensure that the log level is set to 8 or higher

Then please close VG and restart it again and call into the system.

Please post the trace files from VG's \log\ subdirectory from the current day.