VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vb.net Examples?

Well first, I cannot get the VB6 apps to work. I have installed the newest version of VG today. I rebooted, then started VG and tried running the Popup Application and it states it cannot find the project or library for the VoiceGuide.CommandLink.

So, once I get the sample apps running, I need to port them to VB.NET.

I think VoiceGuide must be started before VB6 will be able to see the VoiceGuide.CommandLink interface.

Have you tried using the sample VBScript snippets from the Help file?

I ran the "get finance.yahoo.com.vbs" script while VG was running. And it popped a MsgBox with results. I then closed down VG and ran the VBS script again and it popped the same results.

More info: When I try to run the VB6 app "Answer and Record", it still gives me the missing library error. When it prompts me the Reference, it shows Missing: VoiceGuide

Any ideas?

When I try to run the VB6 app "Answer and Record", it still gives me the missing library error.

Is VoiceGuide running at the time?

VoiceGuide acts as an "ActiveX Server". VG needs to be running when you try to access it's COM interface functions.

Yes. It is running.

when I open up the Task Mgr, I see VgGsd.exe and VgMulti.exe running.

Do vb script:

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")
vg.Admin_TraceLogAdd 0, 0, "This trace was printed from an external VB Script" 
set vg = Nothing

and see if the message appears in VoiceGuide's Trace Log window.

Don't know why you are having errors when accessing VG's COM interface when VG is running - when it is running it's COM interface is active.

Note that in Evaluation version of the software you will only be able to test once COM call at a time and you will have to restart VG afterwards in order for another COM call to work - but the ActiveX server will be running and it will accept the COM command - it will just not act on it (there will be a message in the Trace Log advising you of this)

I have the Enterprise 1 line version.

The trace commands seem to work.

do you have a VB.NET sample call to see if it is working?

The VB.NET is the same as the VBScript example...

This works from VB.NET (you can use the VBScript pretty much unchanged). You will have the add a reference to VoiceGuide.CommandLink to the VB.NET project as well. :

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load

Dim vg As VoiceGuide.CommandLink

vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Admin_TraceLogAdd(0, 0, "This trace was printed from an external VB.NET Program")

vg = Nothing

End Sub