VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg And Voip

Is it possible to use VoIP and a residential type telephone adapter (supplied by the VoIP provider) with a modem or dialogic card? If so, can I use a router and multiple adapters to match the line capacity of a dialogic card, assuming the VoIP provider will manage the telephone 'lines' as required? If this is feasible, are there any considerations or limitations?

Thanks,

Jack

Is it possible to use VoIP and a residential type telephone adapter (supplied by the VoIP provider) with a modem or dialogic card?

Yes, of course. The adapter makes the line look like a normal analog line, and you can just connect that to any phone, modem or Dialogic card.

If so, can I use a router and multiple adapters to match the line capacity of a dialogic card, assuming the VoIP provider will manage the telephone 'lines' as required?

Sure. We have customers using lines provided by suppliers like Vonage, Lingo, Net2Phone, Packet8 etc. Do a search for 'Vonage' on our forum and you should find a few related threads.

If this is feasible, are there any considerations or limitations?

No limitations from VG's/Dialogic side - after all the lines look just like normal analog lines and VG/Dialogic does not know or care that eventually the voice call will be carried over VoIP link.

I've found Sipura to be the best SIP VOIP adapter if you only want a line or two. It connects to most SIP services and is very configurable. It comes in FXS only or FXO & FXS versions. Just connect it to your lan and you have a normal phone socket ready to use. If you want to use a number of units on the same lan, you may need to play around with the SIP ports on your router. The Skype VOIP service is more difficult because it uses non-standard protocols, but you can now buy Skype adapters on the web.

Does this approach only work for receiving calls, or can it also be used for making outbound calls? Thanks.

If VG works well with VOIP, why are you soon releasing a VOIP version? What benefits will it offer? (How much will it be?)

Also, if I use a VOIP account, will a converter allow me to still read the DNIS number and callerID?

Thanks

Geoff