VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Hi-phone Wave Driver Or Vg Problem?

In Windows 98 SE I was using VG (couple of versions old) w/ the Way2Call telephony Hi-Phone modem. The workstation would sometimes crash (requiring reboot) when opening VG. Finally, I got tired of this & Win 98 in general. BTW, aside from the crashing, VG worked excellent on this workstation once I got past the issue of VG hanging up on callers. I had to set the 'sensitivity' to 0 or 1 (scale 0-10).

Now the workstation is a P4, 2GHz, Win 2K w/ latest service packs & VG 4.9. Logged in as admin. When I open VG, an error window prompts the following:

"Hi-Phone Device does not support Voice features, or it's drivres were incorrectly installed

check that the device's Wave drivers are correctly installed..."

["drivers" is misspelled.]

I also noticed in the Config Wizard, the "add/remove" device & "properties" buttons do not do anything, regardless of which device I have highlighted. Is that working as designed?

I'm using the latest Hi-Phone drivers. It quite possibly is a Hi-Phone problem, not VG, but I don't know at this point & need to know. I have a weak dialogue w/ Way2Call on this issue. [They quickly replied to my first email, before I decided to reformat from XP to 2K, but have not responded to the subsequent 3 I've sent over the past few days. FYI, same problem in XP SP1.]

BTW, I have to express my praise for Katalina Tech. I've searched long & hard for a user-friendly, reasonably priced, Windows-based telephony software. VoiceGuide is far above the rest - and I'm barely using half of its capabilities.

thanks.

Are the Hi-Phone drivers certified for use on Win2000?

The "does not support Voice features" message is displayed is when the device expressly responds that it does not support any Voice modes (either "INTERACTIVEVOICE" or "AUTOMATEDVOICE")..

If the device says that it will not accept/answer calls in that mode then that's pretty much the end, and VoiceGuide will display for you the message that you are seeing...

If you are having such problems I'd recommend just getting a Dialogic card...

In Win2000 the Config Wizard's "Add/Remove" button should bring up the "Phone and Modem Options" window. The Config Wizard's Properties button will not work in Win2000 - but once you have the "Phone and Modem Options" window displayed you can use the Properties button there.

The Hi-Phone drivers claim to be for all OS's from 98SE through XP (specifically says Win 2000). Their web site says the drivers were updated 03/19/03.

I would consider getting a Dialogic card if it weren't for the fact that in Win 98SE AND on a previous workstation running Win2K, the Hi-Phone device was working.

As for the "add/remove" button, I now realize that it was opening (minimized) the local Windows communication setup window. Once I configured my local area code, the "add/remove" button in VG would open the correct window. Of course, this was unrelated to the WAVE driver issue.

I guess it's in the hands of Way2Call at this point.