VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Cant Detect Dialog Board

Hi

i downloaded a evaluation copy of voiceguard but it does not detect the dialog boards during set up but dcm detects the boards ,what cound be the reason??

Same problem here. After 2x following the installation instruction. I always get: "ERROR: Rec stop failed" when initialising modem in VG Demo answering machine. After a while the message: "Could not initialise modem, please ..." and a couple of numbers. In configure modem I don't know which modem I should set. Default was Rockwell compatible.

The original post was concerning a Dialogic card, not a modem...

Dialogic cards can be pretty easily set up, and work reliably.

Modems on the other hand are riddled with problems and many are difficult to set up. I'd suggest contacting the modem manufacturer to firs see if your mode is 'voice capable' and then ensuring that; it's wave drivers have been set up.

Sorry, I should have said it clearer. By same problem I meant, that I also have a Dialogoc (D/41E), and installed everything (5.1.1, + SP1, +GC) according instructions. The talker32 works fine. But VoiceGuide gives me the error mentioning "modem (?!)" - that's why I'm talking about a modem. The dirvers are all installed with no problem. But still, modem recorder, and modem initialsation fail messages come up. I don't understand why there should be a medem setting, and there is a mdem error message, when there is no medem, but a Dialogoc card.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the initialisation, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

Then restart VG - and the MMDDvgm.txt log will contain the initialisation info...

This issue was fixed, but only to hit the next problem. Which is that VG is answering calls and playing the (correct u-law 8-bit mono) sound files but nothing can be heard neither by the caller nor through the speakers. When checking those files in the script they play nicely through soundcard and speakers.

Whereas using Talker32 the testfile plays perfectly and can be heard by the caller.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going on.

Thank you for you perfect service, that really stands out from so many other companies. Here is the log I got following your instructions:

19126 6 tapie linedevstate 2048 0 0

19166 6 tapie callstate OFFERING 66392 0 4

19176 6 tapie callinfo CALLEDID

19186 6 tapie callinfo ORIGIN

19186 6 tapie ring 0

19196 6 Answer the call

19206 6 lineAnswer(66392) => 66170

19797 6 tapie callstate CONNECTED 66392,1,0

19807 6 WorkingModeTAPI=

19817 6 WorkingModeScript=

19837 6 Inband detection not enabled

19847 6 tapi Reply 66170 0

19857 6 [wel] Playing

19867 6 tts generate start[welcome to our system]

19887 6 tts generate end

19897 6 [wel] Playing (\\Amd\H on AMD\sound\VoiceGuide\welcome test.wav)

20168 6 PlaySoundStart ok [\\Amd\H on AMD\sound\VoiceGuide\welcome test.wav]

20178 6 RunModule PLAY end

25315 6 wb(81991800)

25385 6 Play End line[6] (id=819918)

25395 6 LsPlayMsg EV_PLAY_FINISHED

35330 6 LsPlayMsgFinished EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

35350 6 PlaySoundStop ok

35370 6 HangupCall called from []

35380 6 Hanging up call...

35400 6 PlaySoundStop ok

35470 6 fnHangupCall end

35500 6 tapie linedevstate 2048 0 0

35520 6 tapie callstate IDLE 66392 0 0

35540 6 WorkingMode@Idle=

35570 6 set EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE 2

35590 6 tapi Reply 66187 0

36491 6 LsAwaitingCalls EV_TIMEOUT_TIMETOREINITLINE

36511 6 ReinitTelephony due to IDLE start

36531 6 tapic lineDeallocateCall(MainCall:66392) 0

36812 6 lineOpen(6) => 0

36832 6 Waiting for a call...

36852 6 lineOpen(6)LineHandle=66255

I see that you are trying to play a TTS generated sound file... The problem may be with the TTS not generating proper uLaw sound files for the D/41E.

Does the playing problem still occurs when you just try to play some of the VG system sound files (or the same sound file which Talker32 is playing).

I tried a VG sound file Voicemail Server.vgs earlier, but same result: no sound. Right now I'm getting "LINEERR_RESOURCEUNAVAIL (8000004B)@lineOpen(5,...)".

So I can't try anything. For sound I'm using Cooledit Pro and the recommended u-Law wav format for D/41 E instead of the Dialogic PCM-wav (?).

I fixed the "LINEERROR" by retrieving the frustatus.dll which I mistakingly took for a virus and renamed it to check. It created tons of frustatus.txt files all over the system and raised my suspicion. It's back now, and VG sample sound files are heard for about a second and then hung up. Also I only got 1 Analog Line showing in Line Device, although 4 lines are shown in the Configuration wizard.

VG sample sound files are heard for about a second and then hung up.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

For mysterious reasons the sound files in the modules decided to play completely without any special changes all over sudden. The sound quality seems to be really much better with the D/41 compared to my previous duplex modem. However I still miss some features of my old VG 2.9a version such as being able to monitor incoming calls through the speakers, or the much more comprehensive call logs.

Again, many thanks for the convincing service.