VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Background Noise confuses Dialogic card

Hi,

I find that 99% of the time Voiceguide correctly determines if a human or answering machine answers the phone.

However it seems that if there is background noise from a radio, TV, or if there is static from a cordless phone, then VG always goes with the answering machine even if a person picks up.

Can the sensitivity be changed in the VG.INI file (below) to correct this?

;What level of noise on the line is considered as silence. range 1-100

;100 - interpret even loud noise as silence.

;1 - even the slightest noise stops silence detection.

;0 - don't detect silence at all

SilenceDetectLevel=10

Thanks, you guys are great! I'm using the latest version of VG.

Adam

I find that 99% of the time Voiceguide correctly determines if a human or answering machine answers the phone.

It's actually the Dialogic card that does all of the detection, and then tells VG what it has decided.

However it seems that if there is background noise from a radio, TV, or if there is static from a cordless phone, then VG always goes with the answering machine even if a person picks up.

Yes. This is a known scenario. TV/Radio sound to the Dialogic card just like 'recorded' sounds. Static will also confuse the Dialogic card into thinking that an answering machine answered the call.

Is there anything that can be done to make it more sensitive to human voices over the background noise?

Thanks,

Adam

There are no settings you can adjust to change this aspect of the detection algorithm.