VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Takes Too Long To Respond After Answer On Outbo

I noticed that when VG makes outbound calls, it takes a while to run the outgoing voice script after the party answers the line. It takes 3 seconds it seems. During that time the person called hears nothing and may hang up. How can I speed this up. Could it have anything to do with AM/human detection?

Are you using a modem or a Dialogic card?

It should take only fraction of a second when the Dialogic card is used.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the outgoing call, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

I have the same problem. Sometimes it takes 3 seconds to determine if a human or answering machine answered the call.

Does it have anything to do with the Silence Detection setting of VG.INI???

;For how long will VoiceGuide have to hear silence on the line before reporting it.

;a setting of 30 = 3 seconds

SilenceDetectLength=30

Maybe the computer is too slow. Check it you are hitting 100% CPU resources.

Adam

The AM/Human detection takes onboard the Dialogic card. No action by the software or drivers is required.

From what point are you counting the 3 seconds?

Maybe in situations where the card cannot definitely categorize the call as AM/Human it will listen to see how long the greeting is and then rely on length of greeting to decide if AM/Human has answered (Human answers are short usually). In those situations you may then see some further delay. (This is only speculation, non-one really knows how the Dialogic AM/Human detection works.)