VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Anybody Out There Who Wants To Disable Call Logs?

I have a requirement for disabling call logging, primarily for credit-card & PIN security, see:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2540

And I have asked VG to quote for this and they have quoted an amount which is way outside my budget. All I want to do is disable call logs. VG say there is no requirement, but I think there is, so I wonder if anybody else shares my concerns and may be willing to share the development costs.

If nobody comes forward then I guess there is no requirement!

Otherwise, perhaps all you VG users can tell me if you have had difficulty with security audits or have found ways of securing credit-card or other sensitive information in your logs from being viewed or compromised?

Even if you think it would be useful to disable call logs but don't want to share the costs, please post your response. This may help VG reconsider.

I think its an obvious common requirement and since it is so easy to create more secure or selective logs thru VBscript, there is less need for comprehensive "catch-all" logging.

I will appreciate any support or advice you can provide.

Thanks +Tim+

In the previous thread (which you reference) the solution to your problem was already offered: you can just delete the log files yourself by setting up a scheduled task which does the deletion of those script activity files (.CSV/.VGL/.XML) which you do not want present on the system.

(BTW. we usually group posts on same topic together, so you may find this thread merged with the previous thread)

Hi Support, please this don't reposition this post, this is a separate topic asking for views about this and wouldn't be seen under the other thread. Your patience over this is appreciated.

I am understand the solution you offer, and appreciate the assitance you have given, but it doesn't meet my needs. In addition, I would like to know how other users deal with this issue if possible. Thx +Tim+

In the UK, the recording of unencrypted credit card data is expressly forbidden by the banks. It's not a question of promising to 'delete it a few minutes later' we simply would not pass an audit if the number is stored in plain text. I think this is an issue that will increase in importance. With the introduction of 'Chip & Pin' across Europe (shoppers now have to enter a pin number into the shop terminal - get it wrong 3 times in a row and the chip on your card is immediately blocked) fraudsters are having to turn their attention to 'customer not present' transactions like telephony systems and the net. I'm evaluating VoiceGuide at the moment, and I'd welcome this feature.

I know I could wipe out the entire log, possibly in the next block, but that's not really a convenient solution. I'd like to be able to turn it on and off.

Having said all this, I'm very new to VoiceGuide so perhaps there are ways with VBS to do this by copying the log, then replacing the one that contains the addition with your old copy....

This is my question as well and I am just searching a solution on "How to turn off the LOG"