VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Support For VoIP

Hello!

I'm looking for a solution that could handle Voicedialing, Voicemessaging, Dictaphone and Call Recording. It looks like I could do thid with VoiceGuide.

I'm going to implement this features in a solutin for VoIP.

Does VoiceGuide support VoIP, preferably over H.323?

If not, is there any products similiar to VoiceGuide that could do this?

/Andreas

Hi.

I need VoIP feature too.

In my case, I'm looking for IVR that supports SIP.

Let me know if someone is using IVR/PBX on SIP.

We would be able to supply a version that takes calls via VoIP.

How many ports/lines do you require?

Forgot to ask in my post regarding required lines.

What is the hardware requirements for a VoIP-based solution of VoiceGuide? Does it require a IP-telöephony card?

/Andreas

The VoIP version of VG does not require an IP telephony card - it just needs a network connection (Ethernet or ADSL etc.)

Send an email to sales@voiceguide.com to get pricing on VoIP version of VoiceGuide.

Do you have any more information you can provide us with regarding this new VoIP version of VG?

In summary:

Provides call control stacks for the H.323 with H.450.2 supplementary services (used for call transfers), and SIP protocols.

Uses the G.711 coder with 10 ms, 20 ms, 30 ms frames.

Option of also using the G.723.1, G.729a, and G.729b coders.

Has some conferencing features as well, like coach/pupil mode, tone clamping, and active talker notification.

All standard Play/Record/Tone Detect etc features are supported.

Up to 120 lines per server are supported.

What features in particular are you interested in?

I was just curious as to the general features. I have not done anything with VoIP and when I saw this post it gave me a reason to ask some questions. I am currently only using a 4Port Dialogic analog card but am planning to need more lines in the near future. I was thinking about getting a T1 and a new Dialogic card but the VoIP VG version you mentioned got me thinking about whether or not I should be investigating this option.

I do have some questions that I am sure others who are not up to speed on VoIP would like answered.

What VoIP service providers does/will this work with?

What kind of sound/voice quality is expected nowadays with VoIP?

Will things like answering machine and DTMF detection still work with VoIP like they do with Dialogic cards with analog POTS and Digital lines?

In general, what is your opinion (pros/cons) on VoIP instead of the legacy phone lines we have been using up to now?

I am going to do some more research on my own but I think you will be a great resource in giving the current and future users of VoiceGuide information to help us better choose the right version and technology to use for the future.

What VoIP service providers does/will this work with?

It has been extensively tested with more popular media gateways (esp Cisco) so it should work in just about any environment.

What kind of sound/voice quality is expected nowadays with VoIP?

Quality varies widely... you will pretty much need to do your own testing to see if you would be satisfied...

Will things like answering machine and DTMF detection still work with VoIP like they do with Dialogic cards with analog POTS and Digital lines?

Yes.

In general, what is your opinion (pros/cons) on VoIP instead of the legacy phone lines we have been using up to now?

In our experience line quality is poorer and it is not really any cheaper to set up an IVR which accepts calls over VoIP - stick to using traditional Analog and T1/E1 lines for now unless you have no choice and must implement VoIP.