VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Is There A Limit In Number Of Mailboxes?

I was wondering is there a limit for number of mailboxes? I am thinking about specific application, which requires at about 150'000 mailboxes. There will be no more than 4 phone lines. But is it possible for Voice Guide to manage such number of mailboxes? And what kind of PC hardware is needed to be able to serve the voicemail without performance problems?

VoiceGuide's voicemail box ID's can be up to 6 digits long, allowing up to 1,000,000 voicemail boxes on the system.

Having more mailboxes defined does not affect the performance of the system once it is started.

I know there have been issues in past at startup when so many mailboxes were defined - it took a long time to load the voicemail box definition file and I'm not sure if this issue has been resolved... you may want to test that..

Can you tell us what sort of application would require so many mailboxes yet so few lines?

I was afraid of heavy memory requirements but may be the best way is to test.

I am running a classmates site and want to provide voice-mail to the participants. As you may suppose there are relatively many people but not too heavy traffic.