VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Way Announced Conf. Call Hangs Up Org. Caller

Hi,

I am evaluating VoiceGuide with a dialogic D4PCIU. I have this connected to a regualr phone line capable of conference calling with this protocol:

! to put call on hold and dial forward number. Another ! to connect all 3 parties.

I have used this sequence manually and works just fine. However, with Voiceguide, the board dials the first ! and the forwarding number correctly. It also plays message for accepting the call and understands the dialed 1 correctly and dials the final !. however it hangs up on the initial call, so when the forwarding number is connected the conference is terminated. Here is the log. Any guidance is appreciated.

0215vgm.txt

Trace shows that the reason why VoiceGuide hangs up is because someone at the computer is pressing the "Hangup Call" button in VoiceGuide (the button on the right most side...)

230628.19  0 btn Hangup on line 7

Everything else looks fine - recipient of 3rd leg of conference is accepting the call and VG is playing the "!,3" which is meant to connect the call together - but the playing of this "!,3" is taking 9 seconds:

230617.20  7 tapic lineGenerateDigits(66393,!,3,100) => 0

230626.31  7 generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

230627.39  7 eng  Success path not defined - wait till call ends (iXferType=3)

230627.39  7 timer set 1800  EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

230628.19  0 btn Hangup on line 7

You are maybe interpreting this long time to dial the "!,3" as the problem...

The long wait is probably caused by setting the length of the pause character too high - see the Dialogic TSP and make sure the pause "," character is set to about 1 second long... it appears to be set to 8 seconds now...

Thanks for the replies. I found the issue to be that the ! duration was set too high and was actually hanging up the original caller. You guys are good!