VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Crash

Hello,

we use VG Professional 5.2.2000 on a Win2000 Professional

On our primary IVR server we run 12 lines of VG on a D120JCT card. On our secondary IVR server we have 8 lines of VG on 2 D4PCI cards.

Our script is pretty big, with ca. 300 modules, and runs many extra VBscripts for database, vpos and SMS transactions.

Lately our shop is in much bigger demand: we answer about 12000 calls per day. All the 12 lines on the primary IVRserver are busy at all times.

VG used to not crash before, but it started doing so at 1:30 am almost every night, after working fine the whole day.

I turned on event trace log of VG. Attached are the last few pages of the log just before the crash.

I tried turning on TapiWrapLog by putting the C:\TapiWrapLogSelect.txt file I found in this forum in place, but it didn't give me any logs under c:\ .

I hope you guys can make sense of the event trace log and explain why this crash occurs.

Thanks in advance.

== LEVENT ==

VG_error02122005.txt

It happened again; during the day while I was here.

Attached are the error screenshot and the script mentioned in the error dialog.

The event trace was not on.

Please help!

Thanks,

== LEVENT ==

KXerror02122005.zip

I understand you have been running the system for almost a year now and you only started to get these problems recently.

Is the "at 1:30 am almost every night" problem occurring on both servers or only on one server?

Have you recently installed anything else on these servers or done anything else to it?

Have you started running any new programs from within the VBScripts ran by VoiceGuide?

Is anything scheduled to happen at 1:30 am on these servers? eg: virus scanning, backups etc?

Which operating system and service pack are you ruinning?

Do you have the DrWatson records of these errors?

How fast is this server and how much memory does it have?

Can you tell us what is the CPU and memory usage when it is running with all 12 lines (use the Task Manger to see this).

Please update to latest version of VoiceGuide - v5.2.3b from our WWW.

You will need to first uninstall your current version so make sure to backup anything you need from the VoiceGuide directory before uninstalling.

That version will create both MMDDvgm.txt and MMDDtw.txt log files in \log\ directory after you select to "save log files" option. You can close the trace window after selecting that option, the log files will still be created.

Next time error happens please .zip and post both the vgm and tw log files.

It may be a good idea to reboot the system every morning as well and see if that helps anything.

I understand you have been running the system for almost a year now and you only started to get these problems recently.

Is the "at 1:30 am almost every night" problem occurring on both servers or only on one server?

It happens on the front-most server, i.e. the one picking up the first 12 lines. The other server is secondary and answers the 13th line and on.

I think I figured out the 1:30am deal: I uninstalled the antivirus sw "NOD32" and it didn't crash ! nod32 must have been doing something after midnite.

Which operating system and service pack are you ruinning? How fast is this server and how much memory does it have?

We run Win2000 Pro SP3. The server is a 1.8GHz HP TC2120 with 786MB RAM. Nothing new is installed recently. No extra VB-scripts or programs are called from within VG. The CPU and memory util seem pretty low, i.e. that shouldn't be causing it.

Please update to latest version of VoiceGuide - v5.2.3b from our WWW.

I did. It didn't crash for quite a long time after all these precautions, until yesterday @ 12:47pm.

Next time error happens please .zip and post both the vgm and tw log files.

Attached are the logs at the time of the crash and the DrWatson record.

Please advise.

Thank you.

== LEVENT ==

I uninstalled the antivirus sw "NOD32" and it didn't crash ! nod32 must have been doing something after midnite.

Many anti-virus programs are notorious with interfering with operation of tasks actively executing at the time...

Some backup programs will interfere with actively executing tasks as well...

Is this machine used for running anything else?

No logs were attached to the post - if they are large you may just email them to support@voiceguide.com

Somehow I can't post the attachment -containing only the relevant cuts from the large log files covering the instance of the crash @ 12:46pm- even though it's only 46kB. I'm emailing it to support@voiceguide.com.

Thanks.

== LEVENT ==

in an email to me directly you wrote:

Do you have any more traces of other crashes, just to confirm if the error always happened in the same place?

I notice the DrWatson error attached was from: 05/02/15 @ 11:54:09.189 -

would you still have the VG traces covering that time?

and

It does look like the error is in the Dialoigc's Wave drivers. -

Please update your system to "VG for Dialogic" which we supplied you

before - that version does not use Dialogic Wave drivers.

We'll have to wait until it crashes again. Then I'll catch the logs properly.

On our secondary IVR-server I switched to "VG for Dialogic" that you sent to me earlier. I'll test it there for a few days. We had a hard time converting the formats of 200+ wav files :)_

Apparently we can't use the VG config wizard with this version 6.0.1028 , correct ? That's why one has to edit the config.xml file manually, right?

Are there any other known deficiencies of this VG for Dialogic, version 6.0.1028 ?

Just after a quick test I noticed it takes a long time to perform a "Blind Hookflash Transfer to xxx" . The script hangs there a long time blocking the line.

Are you working on this version ??

Thanks for all your help.

== LEVENT ==

There were some problems with transfers in v6.0.1028.

We'll email you an updated version of VgMulti.exe

Apparently we can't use the VG config wizard with this version 6.0.1028 , correct ? That's why one has to edit the config.xml file manually, right?

Yes. At this stage you need to edit the config.xml file manually.