VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Transfer Problems

I'm trying to transfer a call through blind or announced, in either mode, voiceguide will dial the number and hangs up

immediately.

the hookflash is set at 50.

I included the tracelogfile

I using A Dialogic D4PCI card with voiceuide 4.8.51 and am in the Netherlands

logfiles.txt

From the trace we can see that immediately after finishing dialing the destination number (in this case "0618123566"):

73171 8 tapic lineGenerateDigits(65951,0618123566,,) => 0

78718 8 tapie generate LINEGENERATETERM_DONE

79734 8 LsXferPlayVts EV_TAPI_GENERATE

The Dialogic card indicates that it has heard the busy tone:

80359 7 tapie callstate DISCONNECTED 66036,0,0

80359 7 LsPlayMsg EV_REMOTEPARTY_DISCONNECT

Maybe the hookflash is set too short and the card is actually hearing a busy tone, or maybe the card mistakes the ringback tone for the busy tone.

I think it's the first one. What PBX are you using? Do you know what length hookflash it expects?

If you suspect false detection of busy tone then you can retrain the card to listen for the correct tones using Dialogic's PBXpert.

You should also consult the Dialogic's local release notes or contact your local Dialogic distributor to find out what parameter file you should be specifying in the "Dialogic Configuration Manager", and any other settings which you need to ensure that the Dialogic is configured to listen for the right frequencies and cadences (timings) of busy/ringback/etc tones.

I changed the hookflash, trained the dialogic card again, but still there's this problem,

with a blind transfer, the caller will be cut off and voiceguide dials the number and it only rings once,

with the announced tranfer also the caller will be cut off, and voiceguide dials the number and then when hearing the 1,2,3

when presing 1 , the transfered user will now listen to the script with a on succes playmodule.

But in both these transfers the caller will get disconnected after a few seconds!

Could you advice me what more likely could cause this problem

Thank You

OK, it sounds like the hookflash length is too LONG.

Setting it to "50" in the Dialogic configuration means that you want 500ms long hookflash - most PBXs want around 100ms, so you should set it to "10" in the Dialogic configuration.

What is happening here is that the longer then expected hookflash is treated by the PBX as if VoiceGuide hangs up the call (caller gets disconnected), and then picks up to make another call - dialing the destination extension number which PBX thinks is a new call origination from VoiceGuide's extension... and then when VoiceGuide is acting like it should when completing the transfer (ie hanging up) the PBX treats this as an end of call - so the recipient of call is cut off..