VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Error In Play Sound File Using Vbs

hi

We have a small senario that do the following :

there is a database which contain a sound file , the user after entering his password he can hear the sound file , and every thing tell now work fine but i have some problem in vb script i wrote the following code:

'**************************************************

u=$RV[Data_RowCount]

msgbox(u)

Do While u > 0

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Play_Start $RV_DEVICEID , "C:\AcceptAutoCall.wav"

msgbox(sResult)

set vg = Nothing

set vg = CreateObject("VoiceGuide.CommandLink")

vg.Play_Stop $RV_DEVICEID

set vg = Nothing

msgbox(u)

u=u-1

Loop

'**************************************************

the problem is the vg.Play_Start $RV_DEVICEID , "C:\AcceptAutoCall.wav" does not play the sound file why that? and i have a second question what is the purpose for using $RV_LINEID,and i try to view its result it is always=5, what's that mean idoes it mean the number of line physically that deal the call, i used the following card "D\41JCT_CS"

Try using $RV_LINEID instead of $RV_DEVICEID.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.

You can enable the automatic saving of the logs to files in \log\ directory as well.

You can see in the trace what the problem is:

100759.09  5 cl    Play_Start C:\AcceptAutoCall.wav

100759.09  5 ERROR: COM interface not supported in this version.

COM functions will only work in the Enterprise (and Evaluation) versons of VoiceGuide. See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vgFeatures.htm

hi

ok thank ,so how can i fix this problem is there any alternative method for this ,the pfoblem is i do not know how many row is infected by my select statement, even if i know it will change frequently, i.e it is a variable. so if you know other method i will appreciate if you can help in this problem .

You will need to purchase the Enterprise version to get the COM functions working.

ok thanks for your help i will purchase the Enterprise version but what is the difference between the Enterprise version with dialer and the Enterprise without dialer

The dialer enables the outbound dialing functionalities of VoiceGuide.

See: http://www.voiceguide.com/vgFeatures.htm

an add on option for VoiceGuide Professional and Enterprise which adds outbound dialing capability to VoiceGuide, for applications like voicemail forwarding or message broadcasting to a list of telephone numbers.