VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

D/4pciuf

As recommended on your web site I purchased a Dialogic D/4PCIUF card from pcNation. I am evaluating your product as I need a VRU solution for a client. Your product will interface with the SQL database of my product to provide a great client-customer interface. I received the card with no software (pcNation says that's standard). I pulled down the sr5.1.1. from Intel as your site instructs. I also pulled down the eval version of 5.1.1 FP1 as your site suggests. I have installed the card and the software. The DCM sees the card, but when I go to start the service I get an "Error Starting Dialogic Service" message. I'm at my wits end as neither pcNation, Intel nor Intel Service Providers seem to have an answer or a desire to help. I'm hoping you can assist me in getting this card running so that I can evalute your product. I have the potential of directing numerous clients to your compnay for use of your product if I'm successful with making it work. I'm also on a fairly tight time line. Thanks in advance for you efforts.

Mark Vincent

mvincent@ngsc.net

Which version of WinXP are you using?

Have you installed any Service Packs?

What other devices are installed on the system?

What computer are you installing this card into?

Can you try installing this card in another computer?

Have you tried using the Dialogic Diagnostics app (UDD)? What are it's results?

From feedback we are getting it appears that the D/4PCIU series cards will work OK on WinXP when just running the SR5.1.1SP1 with the "support for D4PCIU" add-on. So there is no need to use the FP1 (for which some distributors will try to charge extra).

Thanks for the quick repsonse. I'm running Windows XP Professional. I've installed Service Pack 2. Other devices are HP psc 2210 all in one printer, sound card, CD-DVD, Wired connection to a LinkSys wirless router. That's about it. The pc is an HP Pavilion, about a year old. I have access to another computer, but it really needs to be on this one, since it's the one I program on. It did try to use just SR5.1.1 with SP1 and got the same results. The following are the results of the UDD:

GENBOOT not responding on Board 0

WSB0324: ???? (PCI ID 0) Download Failed - GENBOOT did not start

No Dialogics boards successfully installed.

Hope that helps

If the UDD gives you those types of errors then looks like the board may be damaged... I'd suggest calling the distributor who sold you the card and tell them that the UDD is coming back with this error...

I tried loading the board onto a Windows 2000 Professional box instead and got slightly better results. I disabled Plug and Play in the BIOS, loaded the card and just the SR5.1.1 software. When I ran UDD I got this instead.

System Download....

ERROR from pCTBB_SetClientOarm(bus type support level):

CTBB_ERROR_INVALID_CLIENT_TYPE: Client type(technology) invalid

???? (PCI ID 0) Download . Firmware Version 0.00

1 Dialogic Board Successfully Installed

Cannot determine name of FWL file for board (may be unsupported)

Base Product ID = 0x106021

Board, ID 0x0, timed out getting download results.

Marking board dead..........................

Is this of any help in troubleshooting this thing? Can you offer any more guidance? Thanks in advance.

Mark Vincent

mvincent@ngsc.net

You should contact the Dialogic distributor from where you have purchased the card - the card may be faulty.

Hello all

I have the same problem..

I would like to Know If it was repaired or the the Dialogic distributor change the board.

regards

Jose

If the Dialogic drivers cannot start the card then you should contact the Dialogic reseller from where you have purchased the card to get the problem resolved.